Chapter 2

Where the hell is he? After escaping the idiot beta, I've run down the stairs shouting for him. Clearly he knew better than to stick around in the living room.

"Yes mum, I think that top looks lovely, did I tell you, you look very nice today"

UH! He's trying to win brownie points, to get mum on his side before I kill him.

I walk into the kitchen, my fists tightly clenches, my eyes looking for that idiot that is my brother. I see him, purposely sitting on the other side of the table, so that it's between us – like that would even stop me!

"TIM!"

My mum lifts her head out from her magazine, looking very confused

"Kara, indoor voice please, there's no need to shout darling. Why are you so wet?"

I point my finger towards my foolish brother, then using the loudest indoor voice I could I reply to my mum.

"Because that twat, threw water over me this morning, while I was still in bed asleep" I say the word twat, rolling the T's to make my point more evident.

She lets go off her magazine and rubs her temples. She looks to my brother, yeah now your going to get it Tim.

"Tim, sweetie"

Sweetie? Sweetie? Did she not hear about what he just did to me? UH he's such a mummy's boy, can clearly see who her favourite child is!

"Why must you torment your sister like that? You're supposed to be the next Alpha, and pulling silly pranks like that is no way to behave like one. I mean your 19 now, so really you should be getting ready to take over soon."

She places her hand over his, and gives him a glowing smile; he nods at her words of so called advice.

"Now Tim, please apologise to your sister, and you can help me tidy up the kitchen, while Kara gets dressed and sees if her dad needs anything in his office"

The smugness on my face is an immediate response, one I really cant hold back. Haha, he's needs to apologise to me, and it really is Tim's pet hate. He really hates to say the word, but then I don't particularly like being drownt in frozen water, so alls fair and all that

He literally mutters the word, sorry.

"I know she's a werewolf sweetie and has excellent hearing, but please use proper words"

Yeah, Tim, use your big boy words! Can this get any better, I'm literally high fiving my mum right now. Tim lifts his head up.

"Sorry Kara"

And he puts his head straight back down. I put this biggest smile I possible can on my face; clearly I have won this little joke of his. Then in a sarcastic voice I reply

"Thank you Tim, it was very grown up of you to apologise."

My mum smiles at me sweetly, she obviously didn't realise I said it with a sarcastic tone.

I then go to leave my mum and brother so they can clean the kitchen while he sulks in self pity, while still smiling I skip out the room.