10

KehLani POV

My heart dropped and my adrenaline started to pump real fast .
" dad ? "
Nah ain't no way , my "dad" walked out of my mom life when she was pregnant , he couldn't step up and take responsibility like a man .

He sighed and put his head down , " that's not true I'm not sure where you heard that but let me explain everything to you , see your mother was manipulative and a decisive liar she got pregnant with you and I was so happy the whole 9 months couple weeks after she had you she left went missing , three or four years later I ran into her looking for you and she told me how you died in foster care we ended up getting back together and conceived her ( pointing to Nae ) which is also a girl I had no clue and again your mother ran off I never seen her after that all these years I looked for y'all and could never find y'all eventually I gave up it was like y'all fell from the face of earth or sum .

He explained and by the end I was in tears how could she lie and keep us from our dad ? I wonder why she ran off ? I wonder who contacted him ? How did he even know Nae was in the hospital ? So many questions clouded my thoughts and I couldn't even utter a word I quickly rushed out the room trying to collect my thoughts and think of the right words to say to him and the right questions to ask.

*** 10 minutes later ***
I walked back into the room and he was still sitting there as tears rolled down his face he looked up " I'm sorry for running out I just couldn't think straight but why are you crying ? " I asked he wipe the tear and smiled " I thought I ran you away , I thought you didn't want anything to do with me " he said . I'm willing to build a bond with you but how can I be so sure your my dad ? Are you willing to do a DNA test ? How did you even know Nae was in the hospital or how did you find us ?

I asked question after question all in one breathe . He chuckled you sure do ask a lot of questions but I wouldn't be sure if a strange man popped out claiming to be my dad either so yes I am willing to do a DNA test if that can bring us together , & I knew you guys were here because I got my connections you know , nothing gets passed me in this city , you just moved here right ? He asked and I nodded maybe a year or two ago but it still didn't get us away from the predicament we was in Houston cause look at us now my sister is laying in a bed fighting for her life my voice cracked , as my eyes became glossy and he pulled me into a hug and I just cried wetting his shirt up from all the tears pouring out my eyes .

A couple minutes passed and I was now okay I guess , so I cleared my throat releasing my tight grip from him so um do you mind if I ask you some questions to get to know you I guess ? I asked nervously. He chuckled you are a very nervous girl but how about we go take that DNA test then come back in here for some questions and catching up he suggested , um right sounds good let's go I got up , leaving out the hospital room

" aye doc , can we get a DNA test , ran on us real quick ? " his deep voice sounded through the hospital and I put my head down as everybody looked at us strangely . The doctor took us to a lab , and swab our mouth . So how long till the results are back? I asked . It usually takes two till three weeks but to have them back in a couple hours it'll cost more the doctor stated , I'm kinda eager to find out so how much ?
$600 the doctor stated .

I had the money but I wasn't tryna pay all that for some results so I guess I'll wait . Till he pulled out his wallet and slide the money to the doctor and the doctor smiled ,
" okay I'll have the results back on exactly two hours three at the most " we said okay and headed out of the lab back to Nae room . Till the results are in how about we get sum to eat and catch up a lil ? He suggested . Okay sure um can we eat at " Dulan's Soul Food" I suggested .

Anything you what babygirl he said and I smiled taking the elevator to the first floor we walked to a nice BMW i8 , matter fact the one that just came out two days ago is this your car? I yelled really loud and he laughed out how excited I was , yeah it's mine but when the results is back hopefully it can be yours , & I laughed " no way you've got to be playing " nah I'm serious if you like it , it's yours .

It felt like we have been driving forever when we finally pulled up at Dulan's I hoped out hungry as hell ready to eat. We walked in greeted by the waitress.
" how many will we be serving today , just two " he stated . Sounds good , if you could please follow me right this way . We sat in a booth to the back and the waitress handed us our menus can I get you something to drink will you look over the menus , yes I'll have sprite please " she nodded and for you sir ? " "Let me just get a uh water " he said .

Coming right up please take your time looking over the menus I'll be right back with your drinks the waitress stated while walking away . It was awkward silence till I spoke .
" So uh I know when the results come back I'll probably end up calling you dad but for now what's your name ? " I asked . He cleared his throat my name , " Kameron De'Onte Moore " I would ask your name but I already know it , I raised my eye brow , really ? Then what is it I questioned " Keh'Lani Delilah Moore " I opened my mouth wide because this man knew my whole name . He started to chuckle but was interrupted by the waitress who sat our drinks down , after we order our food and caught up with each other a little , I learned I have an older brother , and Kam is also a big time drug dealer actually a kingpin and that's how he got big money .
**** 2 hrs later ****

We are now back at the hospital when the doc passed me the envelop I passed him the envelope scared to open it and read the results so I asked him to read it out loud , in the case of Keh'Lani Moore you Kameron Moore is ......

ISSA CLIFFHANGER🤣 

Do y'all think Kameron is Keh'Lani and Nae dad ?
Will Nae ever wake up ?

I DO NOT PROOF READ I JUST TYPE AND MOVE ON SO IF ANYTHING MISSPELLED OR DONT MAKE SENSE IM SORRY BUT COMMENT AND VOTE !!! 💕 Also if you enjoy this book so far let me know what I should improve in and what more do y'all see ?