Elysian

--Eloise--

The sound of a bat hitting the floor reverberated through the garage. It clattered in tandem with another. And, that was what had torn my eyes away from Brittney and the now stilled figure of all three of the boys. Austin was the first to stiff up and double over, thumping onto the ground. Nicki parted her lips in incredulity as she stared at his motionless, groaning figure.  

"Nicki..." Nicki and I both looked to Luke as leaned forward onto his bat as if he had just run a marathon. "There's something wron-" His words slurred before he too soon fell onto the ground and laid limp. What the hell is going on? It was almost like they were-

I rounded my eyes in realisation.

Paralyzed...drugged...just like me...

Upon Lucas' fall, Nicki whipped her frazzled gaze over to Dominic, moving to catch him as he began to wobble. Pale and fatigued, he weighed down on her before slipping from her hold and collapsing at her feet. She looked around awestruck at what had just happened. "Dominic, what...what happened to you guys?" That coldness she had previously washed away with the concern she had formed towards the state of her friends. I barely managed to furrow my eyebrows as I glimpsed at each one of them one the ground. 

How has this happened? Why were they like this? Could they have been drugged as well? But, how? And, why was Nicki still-

"Elysian."

A soft and unforgettably distinct voice cut through this discord like an arrow of harmony. I couldn't forget this voice even if I wanted to. Despite my brief encounter with it, I could still remember it so clearly. My eyes briefly caught Nicki as they travelled to the direction of the sound, and they widen in surprise.

She was shaking. With the anger of similar recognition. But one that seemed to run much deeper and more personal than mine had. 

"The image...is truly elysian..." This time I detached my eyes from Nicki and wandered them over to the entrance of the garage. Once again, a figure stood there. I squinted my eyes as she approached. Her high heels clicked against the concrete floor. Just by looking at her silhouette, I could tell she emitted an overpowering aura of grace and dignity. "It's beautiful..." Her steps slowed to a stop as she entered the light. Her beauty beamed from first glance, blinding me. With lovely porcelain, pale skin and elfish features, she was like heaven's finest angel bestowed to mankind. Her long and soft, dark brown locks gently swayed at her back and her rosy, delicate lips were perched into a kind smile. And, those astonishing blue eyes were like the ocean's depths, mesmerizing...

As I had thought. It was that girl.

'Lucent.'

The one I met in the bathroom on my first day of school.

But...what was she doing here?

She chuckled softly, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Wouldn't you say so...Nicki?"

So, they knew each other after all, huh? Who was this woman? I trailed my eyes onto Nicki who swallowed hard, her eyes still burning with indignation and hands clenched into fists. She swallowed hard before hesitantly turning over to face the mysterious woman.

An air of added gravity seemed to befall the reunion when they finally met eyes with each other. The woman gave a tranquil and warm smile to Nicki.

Nicki seemed furious at her appearance. She opened her mouth and breathlessly uttered,

"...Lilith..."

--Nicolette--

+1 hour ago+

I perked in a haste from the counter when Miyuki finally returned from her rounds. She shut the door quite loudly and the irritation on her face didn't bode well on my hopes. Nevertheless, I still asked. "Any luck?"