Drowning Into Darkness

A/N: !!WARNING!! This chapter contains TORTURE. 

--Eloise--

Drowning.

I felt like I was drowning.

It felt terrifying as well as blissful. Suffocating but also a breath of fresh air.

It was like a middle ground of the pleasures and misfortunes in life all at once. A rush of every negative and positive emotion flooding through my being.

I felt lost though. Like I wasn't sure what I was experiencing or what I was feeling if I felt them all at once. It was that aching fear of the unknown. And I was drowning in it.

What is this...

What was happening to me?

Someone...help me.

....

A familiar crack echoed in the distance and everything came at me at once. It was over-whelming and I felt like my head was about to explode and my heart was about to stop.

"HEY!"

My eyes snapped open back into the world where everything was only one way or the other. My cheek stung with the slap and burned red. I wanted to nurse it but, I recognised the situation I was in. I was laid over a table, arms and feet tied down

I tried to look around, but my head felt heavy like it would roll off my head at any minute. The only light was the bright one above my head, swaying gently from side to side.

Fuck.

I was still here, huh?

How many times had I woken up like this? Each time forgetting what had just happened, only to be slapped back into the cruel reality I'm in.

"You hear me, slut?!" A deep and raspy voice like a growl hissed. A man knelt down in front of me and peered threateningly into my face. I didn't have the energy left to move my eyes to meet his. It must've angered him, as he grasped my jaw and pulled toward him. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" My head lolled to the side, his anger not affecting me anymore – I simply didn't have the power to even feel fear, much less tremble at his yells. 

I was pale, I could tell. The man observed my features and looked to his accomplice over his shoulder. He noticed my state as well and shrugged. "I think we might've given her too much juice that round. Check her responses." That man always seemed softer than the one in front of me. I even thought that he could be my way out, until he threw a rag over my face and dumped a bucket of water over it. That was when I knew what this was. I knew there was no hope left for me.

The man in front of me, I vaguely remember his name beginning with a 't'...Todd, maybe? He turned back to me with a sigh and lightly tapped my cheek. "Oi, you with us?" My eyes moved from side to side, trying to pretend that I had become too drowned for another round so they'd let me rest. My head was aching, filled with water. 

Todd pressed two fingers to my neck for my pulse and listened to my breathing. As much as I wanted to purposely shallow my breathing so they would stop, I actually needed air otherwise I'd faint again. The wheeze was terrible, however. "Vitals seem fine." He snapped his fingers twice in front of my face. "Oi, say something or we do it for longer," he threatened. 

"T-Todd, mate, we can't just do that. You'll end up actually drowning her," the other man nervously stated. Todd sent him a glare.

"You think I give a fuck?! I'm here to find out whether she's the real deal or not. You think I give a fuck if she gets a bit scratched up in the process?!"