I Did It For You

--Eloise--

Today was the day. 

Normally, I would say it was my birthday, but this year, I didn't care. In fact, I doubt anyone else in this house did either. 

No...today was something much more special and anticipated than a mere birthday. 

Finally, it had come. Only a week had passed since the wedding and yet so much has happened since then. All of which led me up to this point. It was the only thing that helped me persist through all of this. And, now it had finally come. 

I sat in front of my dresser mirror, scanning over the countless sets of makeup, jewellery and accessories King had bought for me. There was a variety and though some suited my tastes, I despised them all. The only ones I even wore were the diamond earrings he had gotten for the wedding and that was only because they had a memory of punishment behind them. Frankly, I was too scared to take them off now.

My eyes drew up to the mirror and stared at my appearance. I kept my hair down, curled at the bottom as usual. The yellow sleeveless, halter dress had been picked for me to suit the tastes of the Clemote family members that were still being accommodated in the house. When will these people leave? I'm so tired of having to keep up this act in front of them. At least, when it was just King around, I could express how I really felt about him and all that. 

I sighed and stood from the seat in front of my vanity to look out my window. 

None of those things would matter soon anyway. If all went as planned, I would have left this hell by the end of the day. I just had to make sure nothing went astray in the process. This had to be perfect. However, I wasn't even sure how it would be executed. 

The Truvens had said they would send someone to help me escape but that was all I was provided. I had been given no details about where I should be or when it would happen. And, frankly, a part of me even doubted that this would happen after all. But, I kept faith that it would. Jake promised me that it would. I will place my belief in him and his family. 

It was still early in the morning. I checked the time in my room and saw that it was a little past half past 8. I've decided to skip breakfast and lunch today in dread of another incident like yesterday occurring. Someone will bring something to my room anyways. And, the Clemote family will just assume that I am still recovering from my loss. Who cares what they think though? The only reason they'd want me out there is to find something else to make fun of me for anyways. 

No matter how you looked at it, I was such a clear outsider in this environment. Though Jake and the Truven family made me feel welcome, I still didn't understand my role or my place here. Why was I special? Why was this all happening to me? I had so many questions that everyone refused to answer.

If I get out of this place, will I have to live in fear for the rest of my life that people will track me down? Will I never actually find true freedom again? 

A knock came at my door and sniffled to awaken myself from my thoughts. That must be one of the maids coming to ask whether I would be joining everyone else for breakfast. "Yes. Come in," I allowed, hearing the door creak open afterwards. There were some footfalls as someone entered the room and I breathed out a sigh as I turned to face them. To my surprise, it was a man instead of the usual woman that comes to serve me now that Abigail had left. A blonde with a very handsome but callous appearance. He was dressed as one of the workers here so I thought nothing of his unfamiliarity. "Yes?" I asked when he only stared at me in silence. Admittedly, something about his demeanour did send shivers up my spine. But, what started to ring alarms in my head was when he gently closed the door behind him. "Excuse me? What are you doing?" I demanded when he suddenly began approaching me. I backed up until I was pressed against the window sill.