Chapter 40

Chapter 40- Edward's POV

That evening, I explained everything to Ella regarding Lauren. Well, except for the reason why she separated from her husband. I left that part out. I could not tell her that Nathan's father left his mother because he found out her and I were having an affair. It was a bit too shameful and I just knew how Ella would react to it. True, their marriage was going to end anyway, but maybe, without my interference, they could have figured something out. Maybe.

After we finished talking about Lauren, I mentioned Ella's mum. We had a lot to talk to, especially about her. We just had the worst luck in the world, with the way she had to find out about us. Actually, it was probably not bad luck. It was carelessness. I was so desperate for Ella to forgive me that I didn't care what I was doing and in front of whom I was doing it. And Ella's mum had to be the one to catch us kissing, right after I had presented myself as being Ella's teacher.

"What are we going to do?" I murmured into Ella's hair. I placed a kiss on her cheek. We were still sitting on my couch, with the tv on, but not watching anything in particular. This evening had turned out way differently than I had planned it originally.

"I don't know. We have a lot of problems to deal with, you know," Ella said breezily. I sighed.

"Yeah, I know. It feels like everyone in the world is against us... like no one wants us to be together. Like we shouldn't be together." I exhaled, realising how serious my words were. An hour ago, I had asked Ella if she wanted me to quit my job so we could be together, and now I was being extreme in the opposite way.

Ella's face straightened in horror. "What are you saying?" she asked.

I shook my head. "I'm not saying anything. Who cares about what should be and what other people think? What we believe in is the most important, and as long as we're happy together, nothing should stop us from being with each other."

It was true, I meant what I was saying. People could be so judgemental and obnoxious sometimes. Not that I'm referring to anyone in particular.

"It's so good to hear that from you," Ella mumbled, snuggling up to me. I put an arm around her. She sighed. "So what are we going to do about our stalker?" she said. I sighed, noticing that she had said "our" and not "your". Of course. He or she was harassing her now too.

"I don't know, babe. Sorry I didn't tell you about the message I received earlier, it was kind of freaky and there was so much drama going on."

"It's okay. But do you realise that this person has installed a camera in the classroom, right?"

I nodded. "Yep," I said, popping the 'p'. "I do. But it's not like I can do anything about it. I mean, he didn't tell me to do something for him... or her... so that they would keep their mouth shut. So we're just stuck with feeling scared because of their prying." I turned to Ella and kissed her lips softly. "I love you, Ella, and that's the most important thing." To say that I wasn't bothered or scared by what the psycho might do was a lie, but I had to look past it, because we both needed to relax. 

"I love you too," Ella said after she pulled away. I smiled and kissed her once again, cupping her face into my hands, but she pushed me away soon after responding to the kiss. I blinked, trying to figure out why she would do that. Her hands were over mine. "Do you think that the stalker might be watching us right now? As in... could they have put a camera in here too?" She sounded worried, as well as out of breath.

We both looked around the room, trying to detect a potential camera or something. I frowned, thinking for a moment, and then grinned. "Do you really think so?" I asked.