Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Ella's POV

Thankfully Monday went by quickly and it wasn't at all bad. Hardly anything interesting happened during the school day, except for the way Nathan acted in the morning.

But something interesting was to happen as soon as I left the school premises. On Mondays I finished earlier from school, usually at around one pm, so it was possible for my brother to come pick me up. I walked towards the bus stop so that I would wait for him there. There was hardly anyone else waiting with me, only two people, and they got on the bus which arrived a couple of minutes after my arrival on the stage.

And I was left alone. Not for long though. A few seconds later a familiar blue Toyota stopped in front of me. I could clearly see the shadow of the driver leaning closer... and when he got to the door I realised that he was going to open the car door. For me.

When the door opened, in the driver's seat was no one other than John. I mentally groaned as I realised that it was him, and that he was expecting me to get into his car. I just shook my head. He honked the horn, waiting for me, but I wasn't going to obey him.

First of all, my brother could arrive any minute now. Secondly, I had a boyfriend who happened to be John's best friend.

I could tell that he was getting frustrated that I wasn't doing what he told me to, but I still didn't move an inch. He finally made up his mind and got out of the car from his side and walked over to me, leaving his car stranded on the bus stop.

I rolled my eyes. Guys.. they could be so immature.

"Ella! It's not like I was going to kidnap you," he told me, his voice sounding deflated. He stopped in front of me. I noticed that he was wearing a sleeveless blue T-shirt and black jeans. Attractive, I've got to admit. I didn't recall him wearing a sleeveless shirt this morning though... he must have had a jacket as well. Not that it's actually important or anything.

But he is quite good looking.

"Oh, I know you're not," I told him. "I'm waiting for my brother though... he's kind of overprotective of me."

John smirked.

Okay, very good looking. 

He ignored what I had said about my brother and got straight to the point. "So you and Edward eh? What happened, was I too young for you?" His voice dripped with sarcasm. 

I glared at him. "You knew I liked him."

"Nope, I knew he liked you, I didn't know that you liked him. I thought that maybe..." He stopped and shook his head.

He was going to say that he was hoping that I liked him, wasn't he? 

"What?" I found myself asking.

His eyes met mine and he gave a shrug. "Nothing," he said. "It's not important."

I was about to ask him about it again, when a thought crossed my mind. "How did you find out about it?"

I meant Edward and I being in a relationship, of course, but I didn't want to say it out loud. Who knew who could be hearing us talking? For all I know, the person sending the messages to Edward could be right here, listening to our conversation. 

For some reason which I have yet to find out what it is, John smiled at me. A boyish smile, sort of mischievous in some way or another. "I saw you two this morning. And then I forced it all out of Edward. He was reluctant to tell, but he did eventually. Ah, it's so romantic." 

I narrowed my eyes, realising that he was making fun of the situation, and tried to ignore the cars which were whizzing past John's car, which was parked to the side, not in an actual parking space.