11. Where the sun doesn't shine

"Listen, how would you help him in becoming the new boss?"

"We lawyer don't tell our secrets "

"Do you really have connections like that?"

"No."

"Huh? Then?"

"I won't need any contact once he untie me."

"Oh really, what would you do? Fight with a gangster?"

"Maybe I will."

"Yeah, right."

We have been bickering for the last two hours. He was confident that that man would come back. But I had my doubts which cleared when the door unlocked slowly and he sauntered in.

"What did you think about my offer?", Xavier asked.

"How do I know you won't try to run once I untie you?", Doubt etched on that guy's face.

"Well you have gun in your pocket. You can use it.", Xavier suggested.

What is he planning to do?

The guy dwelled on it for a minute and then nodded in agreement. Pulling his gun out, he walked behind Xavier and untied his hands. Xavier stood up, dusting off his shirt.

"Now, do what you promised about.", He asked.

"Sure. Just let me take my phone.", He bent down to pick up his phone and before the guy could step back, he gripped his legs and yanked them forwards. The guy lost his balance and fell backwards, his gun jumped out of his hands and hit the ground. Xavier picked it up and aimed it at him.

Whoa!

"You bast**d.", Poor guy screamed in pain when Xavier kicked him right where the sun doesn't shine.

Ouch!

Two kicks later, the guy looked like he was seeing stars in bright daylight.

The guy with the scar must have heard him because he came running in, carrying a baseball bat in his hand. His eyes widened when he took in the scene.

Using all his force, he propelled towards Xavier who was too busy in kicking the first guy. The bat was about to touch Xavier's head again when he turned around and dodged the blow.

Throwing the gun away, he lunged at the guy and hit him square at his jaw. It won't be exaggerating to say that I heard a sound of bone breaking. That blow was followed by many others on his face and some kicks on his shin.

Damn. Watching him fight was a major turn on.

No Hazel, keep your inner hormonal teenager in check.

His biceps were flexing with each blow and his the blue in his eyes was completely replaced with hazy black. I watched him fight the other guy until he surrendered.

Xavier let out a loud grunt when he realized that both of them were now lying on the floor, completely unconscious.

His eyes found mine and softened. Squatting in front of me, he untied my hands. The warmth of his body surrounded me as his arm touched mine during the process. It caused a shiver ran down my spine.

"How did you learn to fight like that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Guess, many hours at gym finally paid off.", He smiled. The devil actually smiled. Not smirk, not a taunting chuckle, a warm and beautiful smile. I must be dreaming.

"Come on, now. Or do you want me to leave you here? I am telling you I won't come back this time.", He taunted and I scowled in return.

The dream ended pretty quickly.

We hurriedly ran out of the damn house. Fortunately, nobody else was at home at that time so we easily found a way out.

"It's still night. I thought it would be morning outside.", I looked around and mumbled confusingly.

"It's the next night, genius.", He added.

"What? We have wasted a whole day. All because of those damn kidnappers.", I grunted in response.

His car was parked at the end of the road. He informed me that he had repaired the car and I thanked him. In my mind of course.

He started the car and our journey continued.

"I am hungry. And tired. And frustrated.", I complained.

"We are not stopping before we are out of reach of your beloved kidnappers."

"Fine."

...

"I am begging you. Please stop the car.", I exasperated.

"Ssshhh"

"For the love of God, I haven't eaten anything after that crepes. My stomach is doing karate inside my body. I have been sitting for two days. I need rest."

"Stop whining.", He said dryly.

I muttered few curses under my breath and slumped back in my seat. It had been two hours since we ran away from the kidnappers but he didn't stop anywhere to eat.

The car stopped in front of a small hotel. Xavier stepped out of the car and opened the door of my side.

"Come on, we are spending the night here.", He informed.

"I don't have money to pay for a hotel.", I told him.

"I'll pay for it."

"No thanks. I don't nee-"

"For God's sake, don't start now. Otherwise, I'll throw you over my shoulder and take you inside.", He said in a low tone, his voice was dripping with exhaustion.

Well, the idea doesn't seem so bad.

Shut up inner voice!

"Fine. But I'll pay you back some day."

"Sure.", He said and led me inside the hotel. It was not a five star kind but it didn't look cheap either.

"We need two rooms for a night.", He spoke to the receptionist.

"I am sorry sir, we just have one room.", She enlightened us.

"Okay, we will find another hotel."

"You won't find one, sir. There is only one hotel in this town. The other one is 120 miles away.", She filled us in.

He let out an annoyed groan.

"It's okay. We will take it.", I told the receptionist and picked up the key from the table.

"But-"

"It's okay. It's just a matter of few hours.", I said and he nodded at last.

We both reached the room and I collapsed on the bed like a log.

"What should I order?", He asked me and I mumbled something incoherent words.

"Freshen up. You look like you are gonna pass out. I'll order pasta for us.", He suggested.

Despite my inner voice forcing me to sleep, I got up and stretched my legs. The bathroom was quite fancy, there was a bath tub in one corner and a shower room in the other.

I decided to hop into the shower. I almost moaned in pleasure when the warm water relaxed my knotted muscles. Wrapping a towel around my head, I wore my night dress which consisted of a blue fuzzy pajama and a white comfy tank top.

Returning to the room, I dried my hair with the towel. The whole time Xavier was sitting on the bed, observing me. He didn't know I was watching him through the window glass. As I turned back to him, he quickly averted his eyes and dashed into the bathroom.

He must be making fun of my cute pajamas. Arrogant son of a biscuit.

I was too tired to pass a sarcastic comment about this situation so I just sat down on the bed and buried myself in the comfy duvet.

*************************

Please, don't forget to comment and vote.

Lots of love <3