Chapter Five.

I was woken up bright and early the next morning just as Lilly had told me. She barged into my house without needing directions of where to find the key since she already knew where it was. She was such a stalker.

After I drug myself out of my room and into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and hair and braided my hair down my back while I was at it. Nothing better than having your hair out of your face.

I knew Lilly was in the living room watching TV when I heard the Hey Arnold! theme song playing. Early morning cartoons were the best and even I loved watching re-runs of mine and Lilly's favorite cartoon as kids.

"Well, hello there, Kate Upton." Reese said in a raspy voice. His lame joke was directed at how much I looked like I went through a hurricane. He was no better than I was - his normally shaggy hair was sticking up every which way on his head. Even his boxers were all twisted around. Luckily they weren't showing anything, and I laughed a little.

"Why don't you look in the mirror, Madonna." I laughed as I drug my feet back to my room. I pulled out a pair of bootcut jeans and some vans to slip on. I don't wear these very often because I have my boots to wear, but I will admit that these shoes were comfy.

After slipping a belt through the loops of my jeans, I pulled a sweater over my head and headed to my vanity to put on some make up. I put on some mascara and foundation so I wouldn't look so much like death and walked out of my room with my jacket slung over my arm and my small wallet hanging from my wrist. I always thought carrying a purse was too much, so I settled on having a small wallet big enough for my phone, money, and license to fit in.

Lilly on the other hand loved her small purse. I blame her sister for getting her stuck on fashion before she could even walk.

When I got out to the living room, what I saw didn't shock me. Over the years, Reese and I have become just about equally close to Lilly. She's both of our best friend, besides Reese's football buddies. So when I saw Lilly with her head on Reese's lap while he had his head rolling around on the back of the couch snoring away, I wasn't surprised.

"Ready, Lilly?" I asked her as I tiredly leaned against the door frame.

She lifted her feet off the couch and walked over to where she had her black studded combat boots. She pulled them in first and then yanked in her jacket.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She said with the roll of her eyes as she pulled on a knitted beret over her curled blonde hair. My best friend was a total rockstar. I stuck my elbow out for her to put her arm through. As she did, I opened the front door and shut it behind, not bothering to lock it since my dad and Reese were inside.

Lilly's mom and dad let her borrow their cream colored Cadillac for the trip all the way to Morgantown. From here to there, it takes about three hours.

As soon as we got in the car, Lilly turned the heat up and pushed a button for the seat warmers to come on. I loved it when she got to use their car. Although she has to be very careful with it, the seat warmers made everything better.

"So, what did Amanda want last night?" Lilly asked me after we pulled out onto the road.

"Who told you she was at our house?" I asked her. Lilly chuckled.

"I have my connections." She joked. A lazy laugh escaped my lips and leaned back in my warm seat.

"My dad asked her to marry him." I managed to finish my sentence before before Lilly squealed and said, "nu-uh!"

"Yes-huh. She said yes, of course." I said glumly, looking back out the window.

"What's wrong? I thought you liked Amanda?" She prodded at me.