23| I can hear all the cougars' hearts breaking.

Can I borrow a kiss?
I promise I'll give it back.

Kathy's POV

I wake up to my phone ringing and sigh into my pillow. Why is someone calling me so early? I pick it up and assume it's Cece.

"Oh my god, Cece! I told you not to wake me up so early!" I exclaim.

"Damn... Sunshine, who lit the fuse to your tampon?" Anthony asks.

"Oh... Hi Anthony. Why are you fucking calling me this early?" I shout, annoyed.

He laughs and says, "Get ready. We're going on a date."

I almost choke on the air and ask, "What?" OMG, IS HE ASKING YOU OUT?! Finally!

He coughs and quickly says, "I mean a friendly hang out..."

"Oh, okay... Sure!" I say. Sigh.

"See you soon, Sunshine." He says, ending the call. If I sleep for another five minutes, will I sleep for another hour? Yes.

I stretch and get out of bed. Then I walk towards my bathroom to get ready.

Outfit:

I step out of my apartment, assuming I need to meet Anthony at his car, but I almost end up bumping into his chest

I step out of my apartment, assuming I need to meet Anthony at his car, but I almost end up bumping into his chest. Anthony places his hands on my shoulders to stop me, and I look up. "Hi." I blurt out in surprise.

"Sunshine." He greets me, looking me up and down. "You look pretty." He compliments.

"Oh, I-" I'm caught off guard. I don't even say thank you.

"Pretty awful." He adds.

My mouth drops open, and I just glare at him. Then I walk past him and say, "Let's go. I'm hungry."

When we get settled in his car, I ask, "Are you down for fast food or restaurant kind of food?" I kind of just want breakfast.

"Do you want to go to IHOP?" He asks.

I gasped and asked, "Did you just read my mind?"

"Of course I did." He says cheekily. I would definitely use my powers for bad things. Rob a few banks and stuff. That's probably why I don't have powers.

When we get to IHOP, they place us at a booth. After we decided what to order, our waitress came to take our order.

"What would you guys like to order?" She asks, winking at Anthony.