2| Well that's depressing.

The prettiest smile
hides the deepest secrets.
The prettiest eyes
have cried the most tears.
And the kindest hearts
have felt the most pain.

Kathy's POV

The second the bell rings, I'm the first to bolt out of the classroom. I walk towards the cafeteria and try to find my best friend, Cece.

I spot her at a table and start walking toward her. I'm halfway there when someone shoulder-checks me. I glance at the idiot and see it's the same guy from this morning.

I glare at him and ask, "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Anthony Ryder..." He says in a duh tone.

Of course, his name has Ryder in it. What about it? Very common in books, that's all. Stop saying weird stuff about books. This is real life. About that- Shut up!

I roll my eyes and grab my water bottle. I survey my surroundings for a staff member and smirk when I find none.

I dump my drink on him, and he grabs my wrist. I cringe and hold in a sigh. "This is your last chance. Apologize." He murmurs, towering over me.

I use my other hand and grab his wrist. I try to break it, but he quickly pulls away. Motherfucker! He deserves to feel the pain, especially on his wrist.

"Don't mess with me." I grit out, walking away from him. What the hell? You never walk away from a fight! Unless it's at school, I don't need them calling Samuel about me hurting someone.

I meet up with Cece and sit beside her.

She smiles and asks, "Hey, where were you?"

"Some guy named Anthony Ryder bumped into me. Total asshole." I add. Her mouth drops open, and I raise my eyebrow. "Why are you making that face...?" I ask.

"You do know Anthony Ryder is like a bad boy, right? Not like the cool ones in books, I mean like a criminal bad guy. I heard he was in a gang." She states.

"Really?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"I'd stay away from him. Who knows what he'd do if he's angry?" She says, taking a sip of her drink.

"I'll try, but he's the one who keeps bothering me," I say. My phone pings saying I got a text from my manager Dan.

Dan:

There's a fight at 4:30
The opponent has a muscular build but doesn't defend his left side very well. Are you free?

I'll be there

"Hey Cece, want to see me kick some ass again?" I ask.

"Sorry, I can't. I have a ton of homework today, which is so unfair. The teachers should know I have a life after school." She complains.

"So true. If you need help, let me know." I say.

"I wish I was as smart as you. Then I'd get all my homework done in class." She says. "But I wouldn't want to be a nerd, so..." She trails off.