16| So, you and Anthony, huh?

Even before I started
I knew I would win.

Kathy's POV

When everyone sees Anthony, they start to quiet down. "So, I have a bet with Kathy," Anthony explains.

"Obviously, this is Kathy..." He says, introducing me.

I wave, and someone shouts, "Dude, she's hot!"

"I know!" I shout back.

Anthony chuckles and continues, "The bet is I have to fight her. She was a street fighter at Mystic Valley. If I win, she'll do whatever I want."

"Within reason." I interrupt.

"But if she wins, she gets to join the gang." He says.

It won't be so bad to join a gang, right? I can fight, so I might as well put it to use. I see a familiar girl wave at me, and walk towards her. It's Alessia!

She hands me a change of clothes and says, "I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the girl who usually asks you for the notes I missed."

"Of course, I remember you. You're such a slow writer." I say, laughing.

"I would have never pegged you as a street fighter. If you ever need someone to practice moves with, I'm your girl." She says.

"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," I say.

"So, you and Anthony, huh?" She asks, smirking.

"Oh, we're not together..." I answer.

"Oh, sorry, I've just never seen him so... animated." She says, leading me toward a bathroom.

"So it's really not normal for him to smile and show emotion?" I ask, confused.

"Not really..." She says. "It's not like he can't feel emotion. Like when he's with his sister, he's happy. I'm just glad he found another reason to show more emotion. He definitely deserves it."

I nod, not quite sure what to do with this information. "Good luck out there. I'm sure you'll kick his ass." She says, leaving me to change.

Outfit:

I exit the bathroom and see Anthony waiting

I exit the bathroom and see Anthony waiting. "Took you long enough." He says, rolling his eyes.

I flip him off, and he says, "You know it's not too late to chicken out. I completely understand if you do."

He's about to respond when Michael says, "Kathy, some people want to meet you."

I follow him to a small group, and he says, "Here is Kathy. Then he says, "This is Niki, Blue, and Will."

After he says their names, the one named Niki says, "My name is actually Nick, not Niki." He glares at Michael, and I hold in a laugh.

"I'm Blue, but if you ever forget, just look at my hair." He says, winking.

I smile and then look at Will.

"I'm Will." He says, then walks away.

My smile falters, but Blue says, "Don't worry, he doesn't like anyone... You know, up close, you look hotter."

Someone behind me coughs, and I see Anthony glaring at Blue.

Then he looks at me and asks, "Ready to lose?"

"I'm going to kick your ass. If you want to back out, I understand." I say, mocking him.

We step onto the ring, and Michael becomes the announcer. "Whoever can pin the other one down for 10 seconds wins." He shouts.

When he yells start, Anthony immediately goes for a punch. But I block it and knee him in his stomach. He tries to kick me off my feet and ends up succeeding.

I put him in a headlock and tried to pin him down. He grabs my waist and flips me over, so now he's on top of me. He smirks, and I roll my eyes when I hear people whistling.

I elbow his side and get back up. Then, I kick his stomach, which causes him to stumble. Catching him off guard, I tackle him. He tries to escape my hold, but I'm using my whole body to pin him down.

He tries to lift his hips to change our position, but he hesitates when he hears he's been pinned down for five seconds. He accepts his defeat but knocks his head against mine.

"Motherfucker." I spit out, almost losing concentration on holding him down.

"And Kathy is the winner!" I hear Michael announce. Cheers erupt everywhere, and Alessia gives me a thumbs-up.

I offer Anthony a hand, and he grunts, "Congratulations."

"Thank you. If you ever need help knowing how to win a fight, I'm your girl." I say gloatingly.

He scoffs and playfully rolls his eyes. I bite back a smile, and Alessia comes up to congratulate me.

She pulls me away from Anthony and says, "That was amazing! Welcome to the gang."

I say, "Thanks! Honored to be here."

I catch Anthony staring at me, and he softly smiles. I smile back and look away. Alessia notices this and smirks at me.

"Not a word," I say.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading!

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋