Ch. 6, Two Princesses

*

Once upon a time, in a place with no sun or stars or clouds, there lived two princesses. Though they were sisters, they were different in every way save their love for each-other. The elder princess was tall, with dark hair like a river of ink. The younger was equally lovely, with mismatched eyes, one brown as the river mud, one blue as the sea. No princesses before or after loved The Dark Realm realm as they.

The princesses loved to swim with the dark mer, race the centaurs through the Dark woods, dance with the fairies, and ride dragons over the mountains. But most of all they loved the magic that pulsed through the land like life blood. In turn, the magic favored them, gifting them each with powers and strength beyond any before. Each day they grew more powerful, more beautiful and more dangerous, until one day they came across a small, green creature, with large inquisitive eyes, so that they wondered if he held the mysteries of the universe.

And the small, green creature was called a frog. 

*

(Yes, this poem chapter is meant to be here! There are small snippets of the same fairytale throughout, it's up to you to figure out how they fit into the plot.... any guesses? ;)

(I'm excited for our characters to all start meeting and for worlds to start colliding ;D Also, Rell and the Rose just passed 1,500 reads as of 6/29/18! (this is a super old number, but left it cuz fun to see the growth! As of 2/2/2021 we are at 95K reads!) Woohoo! Thank you guys so much for reading!

If you are enjoying the story, don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter for bonus giveaways and sneak-peeks into what's coming next (as well as my Free Prologue Story to The Last She and my Top 10 tips for Writing Success).

Best,

Hannah)