page 08 • buggykawa

Mei is acting very, very suspicious the next day.

"My phone's broken, so even if I'm out, don't call me, okay?" She says, stepping out of her room in clothes she had recently bought when she dragged you to the mall.

"But Mei... I'm playing Mystic Messenger on your phone and it's perfectly fine." You say, raising an eyebrow. With widened eyes, she snatches her phone back, shoving it in her small clutch.

"Whatever. Don't call me, okay?" She says, patting your hair. "Lasagne's in the freezer, microwave it for two minutes before eating okay? Love you." She gives you a hug, putting on her stockings. Three minutes later, the noise of the front door closing makes you sigh.

Mei was a failure when it came to lying, and you wondered why she would even bother.

As you look at your game screen which featured multiple attractive guys, you can only manage to sigh. Why couldn't Oikawa be more like them?

The more you thought about things, the more you begin to compare them with Oikawa, and it was starting to get on your nerves now.

You let go of the cushion you had been clutching when you hear the sound of soft knocking on the door.

"[Name]-chan!" Oikawa's whisper from outside makes you flinch back instantly. You get up and rush to open the door.

"What are you-"

"Shhh!" He hisses, putting a finger over your lips as he tried to hush you. He then looks over to the staircase, before he glances at what you're wearing.

"You look fine, let's go." He whispers, pulling you out. You are about to smack the boy with your free hand, but he isn't finished.

"I saw Mr.Refreshing when I just came from shopping." He lets you know, leaning his grocery bag against your door. "And right as I was about to walk into my apartment, I saw Mei-chan all dolled up and she went downstairs! I think they're going on a date!"

This piece of information makes you blink, and he lets go of your hand. He has his hands on his hips while you put your shoes on, and once again, he clutches your hand and you walk down the stairs.

"I don't know why we are doing this." You feel uneasy as you followed to where Oikawa was dragging you. You weren't sure if it was because of the situation, or because of the simple fact that you were currently having skin contact with the setter. Either way, you gulp when Oikawa stops walking.

"That's Mei-chan's hair!" The brunette is pointing at your sister, who was walking beside the gray-haired boy she was dating. Oikawa and you hide behind one of the telephone booths until the couple enters the park.

"That's kinda lame of Mr Refreshing, going to a park on a first date. I'd do something fancier if it was me."

"Reasons like that is why I want to claw your face and sell your cells to your fangirls." You mumble, but you didn't expect him to hear you.

"I don't know if that's funny or not," He has a smile on his face before he drapes an arm over your shoulder. "But don't be jealous. We'll go on a date soon. I'll make it super special!"

"I'm not going on a date with you." You say in response. A soft sigh escapes from his mouth as he gently pulled you along with him. You can see the two of them sitting on one of the benches, and you follow the setter behind one of the bushes behind the couple.

"I'm worried about Tooru. I feel like he doesn't get enough to eat, and [Name] doesn't want me to bring him over."

Oikawa glances at you with a hurtful expression your face. For once, you feel a little guilty as you went back to staring at the two.

"I hope they make up. Do you think we need to give them some proper pep talks?" Sugawara asks. Oikawa stifles a laugh at that, leaning closer to you.

"They are such moms, is this what they talk about on their dates?" He chuckles softly, and you smack his head to stop him from laughing. Oikawa leans away before his glance turns to your shoulder.

"GAH!" There's a bug on your shoulder, [Name]-chan!" Oikawa yells. Panicking, you swat your hand on your shoulder.

Even though you didn't do it on purpose, the bug lands straight on Oikawa's lap.

"OH MY GOD."

Fumbling and crying out loud, Oikawa falls splat on his back, onto the bushes. The rattling of the bushes makes Mei and Sugawara look towards you both. The two stand up and run up to you guys, pure shock on their face as they saw you trembling in your crouch, and a now-bug-free Oikawa pulling himself up from the bush.

"Tooru, [Name], I swear to God!"

"[Name]-san, are you okay?" Sugawara sweats, helping you up.

"I'm so sorry." You begin. You wanted to put the blame on Oikawa, but you yourself had allowed him to lead you here, so you couldn't say that. "We were just-"

You are interrupted when the three of you hear Oikawa laughing uncontrollably. Sugawara and Mei exchange shocked glances, and you step on his foot with all your might.

"You little bugger!" You yell, but this, in turn, makes him laugh even more.

"Oh God, Mei-chan, Sugawara-chan, thank you. You made today great. I'm taking [Name]-chan home." He informs the two. Still chuckling, he pulls at your shirt collar, tugging you as he waves at the two and walked away.

"Oi, what are you doing, you idiot?!" You cry. Oikawa lets go of your collar, exhaling before he looked down at you with a grin.

"It never fails to amuse me how different we are. And yet, I can't help but like you even more."

You clench your hands into a ball, wondering what to say in response. He was starting to walk ahead, and you hurry to catch up with him, fumbling with your fingers about what to say.

"You know, I told you I love you yesterday. It's about time you told me that back, even though I know you do."

You purse your lips in annoyance. He was making you flustered, and you wanted to kick something to drive it away, preferably Oikawa himself.

After a while, when you don;t reply, Oikawa turns to look at you. You see that he has a smile on his face. And before he turns to walk again, he has something to say.

"When you're ready to say it, please do. I really want to hear it from you."

And then, he left.

---

a/n; when oikawa is cute and you accidentally fall for him oops

this chapter sucks so much omf. i haven't been updating lately bc of my job and i wanted to write something ;w; please bear with me ;-;-;-;