page 04 • zerokawa

"KARASUNO! FIGHT!"

"Ossssssu!" The entire team yells in response. Eiko, Mei and you giggle while you stood beside Shimizu Kiyoko, the gorgeous manager who two of the second-years went plotz over.

"Thanks for helping us out." She says, handing the bottles of ice-cool water.

Eiko's first instinct is to run towards Tsukishima, and you want to slap your face at how obvious she decided to be. But when she hands the first bottle to the greenish-haired boy, you can slightly relax. Maybe she can think a bit when she wants to.

Meanwhile, you didn't have to even look to know that Mei would head towards where Sugawara and Sawamura were, chatting about something.

Taking the two bottles in hand, you walk towards Kageyama and Hinata, who had decided to take some rest while leaning against the wall.

"Good work today!" You give them a cheer. Both of your friends accept the bottle, hastily gulping down the entire contents of the bottle in one go.

Are boys always like this? You could only wonder, as you stare at them wiping their face after they are done. You glance at Kageyama, and his eyes looked duller than usual.

Was it because volleyball practice was over?

"I'm so glad you came, [Name]-san!" The orange ball of sunshine says, putting his bottle down. "Since Sugawara-san is going to walk Mei-san home... Can we walk you home?!"

"Oi, quit involving me in everything you want to do, dumbass..." Kageyama hisses, slamming his bottle beside Hinata. The smaller boy grimaces before his expression turns sour.

"Fine! Be an idiot, Bakayama-kun!" Hinata sticks a tongue out, standing up. "[Name]-san, I'll take a quick shower and come back, okay?"

"Ah, tha-"

Hinata had already run off.

Awkwardly, you reach for the bottle Hinata had used. Feeling too out of place to look at Kageyama, you keep your gaze down while you bend down towards the setter's bottle. Kageyama's hands on the top of the bottle make you freeze.

"Sit."

So Oikawa isn't the only one who could speak scarily. You gulp, doing as he told. When you cross your legs and sit in front of him, he lets out a sigh.

"Sorry. I didn't mean it in a bad way. Don't be offended."

"Ah, it's okay... But is something wrong, Tobio?"

With another sigh, he lifts his gaze and looks at you.

Kageyama's eyes look like blueber-

"I want to die."

Your eyes go wide when he says this, and you turn yourself around and cup your hands over your mouth.

"GUYS, KAGEYA-"

"You DUMBASS!" Kageyama yells, placing a hand over your mouth. The other members of the team are staring at you two like you both were insane, and you can sense Sugawara and Mei's worried looks boring onto your back when you flip back towards Kageyama.

"I'm not dying! Even though it feels like I might- Ugh, I just..." The ravenette fidgets, mumbling something under his breath.

"Tobio, are you sick?"

"I wish I was sick. It would be better than... That."

"That? That what?" You are starting to get very concerned, and you place a hand on his forehead to see if his temperature was rising. At the sudden contact, Kageyama winces, moving at least three feet away.