dix-neuf

"Lauren?"

She turned around and shock was written all over her face. "Hey, babe," she replied nervously.

"You said you weren't free today," I asserted with a raised eyebrow. It's that time of the month. Today is not the day to mess with me. I literally went here to look for a book because Lauren cancelled on me, and I find her in a Victoria's Secret? Really?

"I wasn't! Then I was. They cancelled the meeting last minute. I'm sorry. I should've told you," Lauren says, causing her friends to go 'oh shit' and 'you're screwed.'

"I had this whole date planned, but you said you were busy so I cancelled all the reservations, and now I find you here at the mall? Really, Lauren?"

"Alessandra, I—"

Disappointed, I rolled my eyes and turned away.

Lauren jogged after me, and I felt her grab me by my wrist. She gently led me to the side so we don't block the entrance.

"Alessandra—" she started in that really sweet tone that always melt: my heart.

"Don't 'Alessandra' me like that. You're not off the hook yet."

She held me by my waist, and pulled me closer to her. She softly rubbed her thumb on my hips, making me lightheaded because I loved it when she did that and I loved her so much. She kissed my forehead. "I love you," she said.

"You can't just 'I love you' me and think you can get away with it." I tried to push her away but she gently pulled me back.

"Look at me," she commanded softly and I followed, getting me lost in her stupid beautiful eyes. "I'm sorry, baby. I should've told you that my plans got cancelled. It's just... my basketball team texted me right after my meeting cancelled, and I completely forgot to tell you. I'm sorry, Ale."

I kept an unamused expression on my face as I crossed my arms.

She pouted. "I love you."

"Nope. You can't just sweet talk me into forgiving you."

"Yes I can," she teased.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to walk away again, but she clings to me and follows me around with her arms around my waist.

"Babeeee," she whined.

"I'm angry at you. Go away."

She continuously kissed my cheeks and shoulders. "I'm sorry."

"Go back to your friends. We'll deal with this at home," I said as I tried to push her away. But the more I tried, the more she tightened her grip.

"I love you, Alessandra."

"Not working on me."

"I have a joke. What do you call a cow with no legs?"

I didn't respond.

"Ground beef," she said before bursting into laughter, urging me to laugh at her shallowness when it came to dumb jokes. But because I liked my pride that day, I kept a straight face. "Babeee, that was funny, come on!"

I continued walking to the bookstore where I originally planned to go anyway.

"Did you eat beryllium, gold, and titanium today?" she asked, actually making me pause to think. "Because you're BeAuTi-full!"

Now that. That made me smile.

"You smiled! Ha! You still love me," she said with a stupid victorious grin as she stood and did a stupid dance in front of me, blocking my way.

Unable to fight a smile, I continued walking, causing her to walk backwards. "You are such a nerd."

"And you love this nerd."

"Not when that nerd starts lying to me."

"If you don't forgive me, I swear I'll kneel in front of everyone. Then they'll think I'm proposing, so if you keep ignoring me, they'll pity me and they'll think you're a butt!"

I raised an eyebrow while chuckling at her refusal to curse around me. "You want people to think I'm an ass?"

She frowned, realizing my point. "Well, you do have a nice ass."

Secretly flattered, I rolled my eyes and walked faster. "Bye, Lauren."

"I'll give you a full body massage tonight and I'll drink all that weird-tasting healthy fruit shake things you make for me!" she followed up desperately.

I smiled. "Okay. You're forgiven."

I reached home before she did because she hung out with her basketball friends, while I only bought my book. I took a nap as soon as I got in our room, and when I woke up, a little handwritten note was placed on the pillow beside me, along with a rose beside it.

If you're reading this, I love you.

With a blushing smile, I turn the page and find a longer note.

Hi buttface. If I'm not beside you yet, I'm still out buying groceries. I know you're still at least slightly upset because of what I did, and I'm so sorry baby I didn't mean for it to happen. :( So I decided that to make up for it, u can choose all our movies for 2 weeks! (Even if they're the really old ones that you somehow like???) Anyway, take a shower because as soon as I get back and finish fixing the groceries, you're getting your massage. I love you and cheer up, my love! Can't wait to see you because I miss your dumb face already! ;) <3

AN: Hi 💕 Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Hope u guys liked the flashback of a little argument of theirs.

Anyway, because I got some pretty good advice from when I last asked for help, can I ask another one?

Is it better to go for someone I like, or someone who likes me? Why? :(