quinze

[Juliet]: talk 2 me please
[Juliet]: i can make u happier
[Juliet]: if she rly loved u, she wouldn't treat u like shit. js.
[Juliet]: damn it Ale pls
[Juliet]: its been 10 days. i miss u

With an annoyed groan, I toss my phone on the table.

"Guai in Paradiso?" Trouble in paradise? my male model asks me as we both get our makeup done on our chairs.

One quick glance at him and I can already tell he's definitely aesthetically blessed: dark brown eyes outlined by enviably long lashes; masterfully chiselled cheekbones and a jawline with just the right amount of facial hair to exude class; and a perfectly built body that isn't too intimidating nor too lanky.

"Più simile a un inferno," More like hell, I reply with a sigh.

"I'm just going to pretend that you said inferno as a Dante reference after I said paradiso," he says with a dimpled smile, a hint of his Italian accent showing.

"Don't get me started with Dante because I am in love with literature and I will not stop once I start," I reply, my eyes lighting up for the first time in days.

"Bilingual and educated, huh?"

"I speak French and Spanish, too, but hey, no biggie. Pretty similar languages." I realize it's nice to finally distract myself from everything for a while.

"Four languages, and a literature chick. It's official, I'm in love," he says with a chuckle.

I laugh lightly, and it's an incredible feeling after not having done it in a while. "Sorry to break it to you, bud, but I got a girl and I don't swing that way."

"Well, she's a lucky girl."

I shake my head. "Other way around. I'm much luckier."

He flashes a friendly smile. "I'm Elijah."

"Alessandra."

"Beautiful smile, mind, and name. I guess God does have His favorites."

"You use that on every girl you meet?"

"There aren't a lot of beautiful multilingual literature-loving women around, so no. I don't think so."

I smile. "Thanks anyway," I say politely.

"Are you going anywhere after the shoot?" he asks.

"Why?"

"Maybe we could get coffee or lunch or something? There's a great Italian restaurant a few blocks away. My treat."

"You know, there's a saying that there's no such thing as a free lunch. What's the catch?" I tease.

"Nothing. This is purely friendly, I swear," he says sincerely. "Come on, we can talk Dante to Homer to whoever writer you want?"

I smile to myself, remembering a moment with Lauren a few years back.

"What're you reading there, cute stuff?" Lauren once asked as she crawled into my arms as I lay in bed while reading Mitch Albom's the Magic Strings of Frankie Presto.

I held the book with my left hand and pulled her closer to me with my right arm. "Mitch Albom. This guy is just... wow." I glanced at her and she was looking at me like I was everything. A blush easily found its way to my cheeks.

"He sounds like you, then. You know, wow. Except you're probably hotter," she said.

"Probably?" I asked, followed by a chuckle.