Chapter |33|

(Please bear with me because this chapter was written after a massive writers block)

QOTD

Chapter |33|

Chapter |33|

"Am I finished with the signing?" I asked, looking up at Mr. Henderson as we sat in a coffee shop.

"Just one more document and you're good to go," he said, producing another file from his black briefcase.

I nodded and sipped on my coffee.

Mr. Henderson had called me to finalise everything. Since I wasn't very experienced as a business woman, I was handing the company back to Gramp so that he could take good care of it.

I was going to take business as my major in college and once I'm confident enough, I'd take the company back into my hands.

It had been a few days since the fiasco and my life was going smoothly. Andrew and Daniel had patched up since their misunderstanding had cleared up.

Daniel was showing new sides to him which I never imagined I'd see. He was a lot more caring towards his family, Andrew and me. He didn't miss his family meals and spent quite a lot of time with Chloe as well.

I didn't see the Carter family around too much and now, it didn't even matter if I did see them. They had nothing left to say to me.

I glanced around the small shop that had the fragrance of lovely desserts wafting around. Frames with photos of different artists hung on one side of the wall where a jukebox played soft melodies.

My eyes looked through the window, giving a view of the outside where everyone I had started caring for, stood waiting for me.

Emma and Chloe sat at the back while Daniel sat in the driver's seat and Andrew in the shot gun. Both the guys were squabbling about something and I could see Chloe giggling adorably at the back.

A small smile crept up my face as I watched them. They all looked so content. It was as if there weren't any problems to begin with.

Sudden clearing of throat snapped my attention back to the person in front of me.

"Did you tell them?" He asked and I immediately knew what he was referring to.

I shook my head. "I don't seem to have the guts to say anything to them," I replied, thinking about the only good-bad thing troubling me.

"You'll have to tell them by day after otherwise they'll not feel too good when you suddenly have to disappear," he said.

I knew he was right but I didn't want him to be. These past few days had been the best ones. Everything was going in the right direction but obviously there were some issues to be resolved.