Chapter |24|

Okay.... So yeah, SURPRISE!!
I have a feeling you might burst with excitement if you read the two words after the Chapter title...

Just saying :) Consider it my gift for all the love you guys give me❤️ I'll be always grateful for it. I always love reading your comments. They really make me smile😊

(PS- I was dared by one of my friends to put up my profile picture incase you wanted to see what I look like🙈🙈 Though I'll be removing it very soon)

Chapter |24|

DANIEL'S POV

"-so there was this shop I went to and can you believe what the salesman said? He said that size 2 wasn't going to fit me and I obviously had t-" Lacey ranted into my phone but my attention was diverted.

My eyes were fixed on the sleeping form on the couch. Since her disguise was off, her caramel brown hair were scattered on the couch. Her face displayed calmness unlike her usual feisty look.

"-and then finally I showed him. Don't you think I'm awesome?" Lacey's voice snapped me out of my reverie and I quickly looked elsewhere.

"Of course, baby," my answer came automatically like always.

"Babe, I'm so bored. Should I come over?" She asked and I was almost about to agree.

"Su- Wait no," I quickly blurted.

"And why shouldn't I?" Suspicion oozed from her words and I mentally smacked myself for slipping up.

"I-uh meant that you shouldn't come because... Then your surprise won't be a surprise anymore," I blurted the first thing that came into my mind.

To be honest, I didn't want to wake Skylar up. If Lacey came over, I would have to wake her up and ask her to go upstairs or change into her disguise and somehow I didn't want to do that.

In the beginning, I admit I did dislike her. And that was because I had foolishly believed the rumours. Lacey had said all sorts of things about her, making me dislike her.

But there was always something that stopped me from completely hating her.

I was totally shocked when she told me what that bastard had done to Ceecee (Chloe). But what surprised me even more was the fact that she had defended my family and protected them even when she didn't need to.

I had felt ashamed of  what I'd said to her that night. That wasn't how I grew up.

But then, why did Lacey say all those things about her? Maybe she didn't know about the actual Skylar, the good one, herself.

"Ooooh. What surprise?" Lacey hummed, making me sigh in relief.

"Uh-if I tell you that, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore, would it?" I answered, wracking my brain for a potential surprise that I could plan for her.

"Okay, fine. I'll look forward to it. Why don't you come over, then? We'll have lots of fun," she whispered in a suggestive manner and I agreed.

I quickly got up and was about to go up to my room to change from my pyjamas to something presentable when Skylar caught my eye.

She was trying to shift her position in the limited space and she looked really funny. I literally couldn't believe when she told me all that about Alicia and her step mother.