Chapter |25|

I hope you enjoyed Daniel's POV earlier. Honestly, it was a bit tough to write from a guy's point of view but I'm glad you liked it😊😊😊

And thanks to @-infinities for the gorgeous cover for the book. (The new changed cover) I love it❤️

Happy reading :)

Chapter |25|

"Is your arm okay now?" Daniel asked as we both sat on the couch, watching TV while waiting for Chloe and Emma to come down

I lifted my arm, moving it around a bit. "Yeah. It hurts just a little only if I oress on it too much," I answered.

He nodded and returned his gaze to the television. I loked at Daniel and examined his profile. He was hot and there was no doubt about that. He had chisled features that could make the male models jealous.

But there was also a strange mystery to him. It was as if he had supressed his actual self to mould according to the instructions of the Saliva Factory, which I didn't like one bit. Actually, I didn't like Saliva Factory, period.

She was a conniving bitch and that was literally a fact rather than an opinion.

I admittedly got sudden irritation flaring whenever I saw her in Daniel's vicinity. I'd given it a thought and the only thing I could point to, was the green monster or more popularly known as jealousy.

But the question still persisted, why would I feel jealous? Did I like Daniel? Well, that was a stupid question but even if it was idiotic, I couldn't help but wonder. How did I even ended up liking him when he was such a douche to me in the beginning.

Then, the answer came along with it. It was because maybe I knew deep down that he wasn't actually that bad. If he was bad, then why would he subtly make amends once he knew that I wasn't what the rumours claimed I was.

"Are you guys ready?" Emma's voice jolted me out of my reverie and I snapped my attention back to the TV, my cheeks burning.

I gave her a nod in response, not speaking and quickly got up and followed them out. Daniel was riding with us. It wasn't a surprise anymore since he had started hanging out with us quite often. Plus, his company was good, so I wasn't objecting.

We all sat in the car and Daniel drove us to where our next activity was supposed to be held. We reached in about ten minutes. Most of the participants had already gathered around and were assembling.

We got off the car and proceeded towards the podium where both Casey and Lisa were writing some thing down on sheets.

They called for our attention shortly. The usual routine of checking whether everyone was present,m and then announcing the eliminated pairs were announced.

I wasn't eliminated this time either, which was a relief. But same was the case with Saliva Factory and Alicia.

The past few days, Alicia had become a bit more aggressive towards me. She'd started small physical assaults like pushing me into a garden fence or tripping me or shoving me hard.

I don't know if that was because I was still in the competition or just because she hated me.

I wasn't retaliating because I knew that if I did, she'd love to put much more force than she was putting now. In fact I knew she was waiting for me to give her a reaction just to instigate her to step up a notch.

Moreover, I didn't have anyone other than the Richards and Andrew by my side while she basically had everyone wrapped around her finger.

Plus, it was my fight. I wasn't going to involve any of the people around me.