Werewolf Academy - Chapter 42

Werewolf Academy – Chapter 42

Friendly Reminder: There are Brokens who don't kill. They just stay and I'm not a bad person that wants to kill like a pack of people. Some people kill because of the orders coming from Broken Dean.

My wrists were sore as well as the ends of my legs. I knew the smell of silver, it killed my senses and it burned my body.

I gently opened my eyes and gasped at the sight in front of me. Alpha Reddox was in the same position as me but he looked worst and rattled.

"Hello sweetheart," he said in a raspy voice.

My eyes were filled with concern, "What the fuck did they do to you?" I exclaimed, angered by his horrible state of condition.

"They beat me." He simply said.

I angrily pulled the silver chains. "Let me out!" I screamed. When I get my hands on these stupid people they will see how merciless I can be.

"Sweetheart, don't thrash around. They have us captured so we can't do anything else. These chains are pure silver, they're impossible to get out off without the key." He explained.

"He's right!" A man exclaimed. It's him, it's the Broken Dean. "The both of you look like pathetic wimps."

"Guess what asshole? You're a fucked up person that only wants power!" I spat. "Let us go, and give Maddox back to us!"

I so badly wanted shift and attack him but these restrains held me back.

He laughed, "Why would I give Maddox back to you when he's all bloodlust?" He taunted.

"I don't believe you." I sneered. "Maddox is a good person. He would never dare kill a soul without a reasonable reason."

"Well he would." He said with finality. I didn't want to believe him. I still had hope. "He doesn't remember you or his father."

"And my mind still stands on my beliefs. I still don't believe you."

"Then don't believe me." He smirked. "Reddox, she clearly doesn't believe me, why don't you explain?"

Alpha Reddox looked away. Just by that gesture I knew that it was all true.

My eyes became blurry from the tears. Why did it have to happen to him? Why can't he just be a normal, alpha werewolf?

"I'm so sorry sweetheart." Alpha Reddox replied sadly.

"Can I at least see him one last time before you kill me?" I asked in a whisper.

"It's a good thing to know that you're prepared to die." He didn't say anything else and walked away.

One of his men entered the room and unlocked the chains on my legs. He unattached the top chains from the wall and held it with a cloth, dragging me with him.

I silently walked while thinking of ways to get out of here. These chains surely did a number on me.

We passed through multiple cages although most of them were not occupied. We stopped at the very last cage but this cage has a door.

I felt my heart beating twice as fast and I felt the tears once again. He was at the other side of this door.

The man unlocked the door with a key and let me in.

And there he was. Maddox was in his wolf form. His eyes were blazing red like a vampire but his were in a different shade.

His gaze shifted towards me and he immediately growled. He ran towards me but got pulled back by the collar around his neck.