𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

The food arrived, steaming hot and beautifully presented. Taehyung insisted that Mahi try everything.

"You've been so patient with me, learning about my culture, my language... the least I can do is share this part of it with you," he said, handing her a pair of chopsticks.

As they dug into their food, they savored each bite, taking in the unique flavors and textures. The kimchi was spicy, yet refreshing, and the bulgogi was cooked to perfection, tender and flavorful. Between bites, they sipped at steaming cups of rice wine, feeling its warmth spread through their bodies.

"This is amazing," Mahi exclaimed, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "I never knew food could taste so good."

Taehyung smiled proudly, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Well, I'm glad you like it. Korean cuisine is known for its balance of flavors and textures. It's one of the many things I miss about home."

Mahi nodded in agreement, savoring the last bit of her rice wine. "Your language is the same way. It's so beautiful and complex, yet there's a rhythm to it that makes it easy to understand and appreciate."

They spent the rest of the evening in the cozy kitchen, experimenting with ingredients and recipes from Mahi's homeland. They danced around each other, their laughter filling the small apartment as they tried to decipher each other's instructions. Taehyung marveled at how patient Mahi was with him, gently correcting his pronunciation and grammar without making him feel stupid.

Their shared love of cooking and their willingness to learn about each other's cultures brought them closer together. As they worked side by side, their fingers entwined in a comfortable familiarity, they couldn't help but feel grateful for the chance encounter that had brought them together.