16

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: mild cursing, slurs

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: mild cursing, slurs.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

As soon as I saw the message I threw my phone to the side.

That had to be a joke.

..right?

Knowing Glint, it probably wasn't. The only way to find out who he was, was by using one of my siblings. Which one would even want to talk to me let alone help me?

I needed those private school records immediately. And I had to tell someone about this. The cameras.. the notes.. the gifts.. why didn't I notice it wasn't good before? I was being stalked and it felt horrible knowing he was watching my every move. I was stupid to think that he really did care or that maybe we were a good match. I wasn't going to date a fucking psychopath.

But then again. There was that feeling that lingered.

It was almost like I craved more of him. It was like I was feeding off of his obsession and enjoying it.

It was disgusting.

I've always tried to suppress it. Wanting to meet Glint, wanting him to make bigger moves, wanting him to do sick things for me. It was wrong and I knew it. I was always trying to defend myself with the fact I've never had loved expressed me. I was always thinking that it was an excuse to want more. To be more. It was taking over me and consuming me bit by bit. I couldn't stop it no matter what.

I decided that the best person to ask for help was my sister Alia. She was only a year and a half older than me. All of my siblings were in the same grade, no matter the age.

Alia was my best shot. She was the kindest sibling out of all of them.

She was probably downstairs in the study room. Around this time, my siblings studied together or went to their tutors. On special occasions, they'd switch it up and play games. I knew it for a fact. I used to be part of it all.

I quickly headed downstairs with only a pair of white socks on my feet and an oversized hoodie. Of course, I wore a pair of sweatpants. My everyday outfit for rotting in bed!

The maids greeted me as they did last time and scooted out the way for me.

The stairs seemed endless. They were unnecessarily large and slippery. Why couldn't we buy an elevator? I questioned, finally reaching the main floor. It was empty and almost deserted but everything was kept clean and tidy. I hadn't been down in this part of the house in a long time. I was used to being in my small, gloomy room.

As soon as I walked down another 50 steps, I finally made it to the bottom level. Everything down here was here. Arcade, cinema, study room, music room, tutoring room, art room, library, and some empty rooms.

I opened the door to the study room and was hit with all my siblings staring at me. The room was large, white and had tables scattered around. A huge board was placed on the wall with a built in projector. It was almost like a classroom— nothing like mine of course— some over the top.. modern one.

I scooted over to Alia who gave me a raise of her brow. My siblings eye followed me, silence enveloping the room. Before I had came in here, I heard numerous voices talking. All conversation seemed to cease as soon as I entered.

"I need to tell you something." I said to Alia, not hiding my voice. It wasn't like I could, the room was too echoey. Why wasn't there soundproof walls?!

"Okay what—" Alia started before she was interrupted.

"If you need to tell her something, how about you tell it to all of us?" Alex loudly said, a cocky smirk on his face. I gritted my teeth. If he wasn't my brother and wasn't favored by literally everyone, I would've ripped his brain out.

"But what if it's private? You can't force him, Alex!" another voice chimed in. It was Jia.

"He's not even forcing him so shut up Jia." another one of my siblings, Quinton said. Everyone referred to him as Quinn rather than his real name. It was easier.

"Yeah Jia, shut your fucking mouth." Alex said, glaring at her playfully. He stuck his tongue out and it was only then I realized how close they were. I really was the only one left out. To them, I was an alien. To me, they were judgmental rich siblings. I scanned their faces as they continued arguing.

They were older. So much older.

It had been a while since I really looked at their faces. We all had a mix of brown and blonde hair. Everyone's skin was fairly light and you could easily tell we were siblings. Everyone in my family was attractive, even if I didn't want to admit it. I wonder if I had gotten the looks too, but no one has ever talked about my face. In fact, no one has talked about me as a person.

"All of you, shut up!!" Alia shouted over the voices, turning to me. "What is it that you wanted to say?" she hesitantly asked. I could tell she didn't want me to feel uncomfortable.

"W-well I.." I felt embarrassed. Their looks were too intimidating. "I just wanted your help with something."

"Get to the fucking point, Caleb!" Alex exclaimed.

"I-I.. I am." I quietly said. "I need.. I need help.." my words paused and I couldn't think of what to say. Please help me I'm being stalked and need a confidential file from your school? That's just stupid.

"Are you retarded or something? Hurry up!" Alex shouted.

"I— well.. I don—"

"Stop fucking stuttering!"

That was it. I had enough of his stupid yelling.

"Well maybe if you gave me the fucking chance to finish I would! I just want your help with something and is it so hard to shut the fuck up?!" I shouted, tossing my head up to look him in the eye. My voice became quiet. "I know what you all think of me but please, just this one time, please help me." It was almost like I was begging to multiple devils.

Alex looked taken aback and avoided my eyes. "What is it?" he quietly asked, his voice not like how it was before. It reminded me of when we were young. I tried to shake it off. Alex isn't like that anymore. He's not innocent. He's not nice.

"I need a file and quick. After this, I promise I'll never talk to you guys again."

The room went silent. Suddenly, my sister Franchis spoke up.

"Can you promise us something else?" she asked.

"What is it?"

"If we help you, can you promise not to block us out again?"

Maybe it was just me, but the way she said it.. it sounded like our messed up relationship was my fault. And honestly..

I knew it was.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

If you read it up to here, thanks for much! It's only been a week since I started this story and im already u getting readers. I'm really happy to share my story with others.

QUESTION: One word to describe Caleb's family.
Me: Chaos.

Words: 1228