02

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: none

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: none.
This chapter may make you a bit uncomfortable.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

I shifted in my seat as my calc teacher explained some problems. Grace sat next to me and was dozing off.

I couldn't pay attention to a single thing the calc teacher was saying. I felt eyes on me and it sent a shiver down my spine. What the heck? I thought.

I sneakily turned around only to see no one watching me. It was weird..

I shook Grace awake. "Wake up you idiot!" I harshly whispered.

Grace groaned and glared at me. "What." she asked.

"Does it feel like someone's watching us?" I asked.

She gave me an odd look with the raise of her brows and shrugged. "Dunno. I feel nothing." She openly looked back, making it so obvious that she was looking for someone.

"You idiot!" I swung her around. "You're making it so obvious!"

She grinned. "All I saw back there was Kane and a bunch of his jock friends snickering."

"I don't care about your crush."

"It's not a crush! First off, I like girls and secondly, why can't I just appreciate he's hot?" I rolled my eyes at that statement.

Kane was popular dude— I'll give him that. Sure, he was attractive but he kind of gave me a bad vibe. Brown hair and soulless green eyes. Looking at him, I could barely tell if he feels anything at all. Not once have I seen that dude smile. Although he's popular in looks, personality wise, he's cold and distant.

I would assume he's around 5'10 to 6ft. Who am I to know? Heights are confusing. Kane looked.. intimidating. A slim but muscular build, a gentle way of talking and walking.

I almost vomited in my mouth. He was scarier than my siblings— and I know scary.

His green eyes met mine. Just as immediately as we locked eye contact, I looked away.

I felt my heart beating fast. His eyes looked as if they landed on some bug when he glanced at me. My breath was caught in my throat. Why did a simple glance make me so nervous?

He was almost as intimidating as my father.

"Caleb?" Grace asked, worry lacing her words. "Are you okay?"