13

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: none

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: none.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

It was the second day of our three day break. My phone vibrated next to me and I picked it up to check who it was.

Kane Villaflor
hey Caleb 👋
how r u?
Read

I didn't take him for someone who uses emojis.

You
What do u want?
Delivered

Kane Villaflor
what? I can't text u js cuz I wanna?
Read

You
Just get to the point.
Delivered

Kane Villaflor
fine fine.
do u want to hangout?
Read

You
Are you serious?
Delivered

Kane Villaflor
do u not want to??
Read

I bit my lip and stared at the message. Was Kane seriously asking to hangout? We hardly knew each other but then again, I have no experience with friends (other than Grace but our relationship is a bit rocky).

You
No I do.
Where are we going?
Delivered

And that's how I ended up here, waiting in the downtown plaza for Kane. Apparently there was an event going on which was the whole reason school got canceled for Monday. It was some kind of town festival that happens every few years and was quite popular. I'd probably see a lot of people there. Definitely not my siblings though. They'd rather go to expensive parties rather than some cheap town festival.

It was currently 6:00 PM and the weather was getting colder. I should've worn a sweater. I thought, shivering in my cold t-shirt.

"There you are."

Kane approached me and smiled.

"Hey." I said, giving him a look up and down. He wore casual clothes but pulled it off in a way that made his whole outfit look better. He's lucky to be hot.

"You look cold." Kane said. I rolled my eyes.

"Wow thanks for noticing!"

He huffed out a laugh and handed me his sweater. "You can't freeze up before we even do anything."

I hesitantly took the sweater. It was soft and would probably hang off of me but it was the best thing I had right now. I slid it over my head and slipped it on. It smelled like him. Probably some sort of expensive cologne.