Chapter Seven

I turned off my phone and sighed. This 'Mango Boy' seemed nice enough. I wonder who he was. Then my phone began to ring and I picked it up again. My mom's voice exclaimed, "Angelina dinner's almost ready! Come home now." I packed up my stuff and walked out of the school. I decided to finish my math homework while face-timing Mia on my Moonstone Laptop.

I've always walked home even though it took me at least thirty minutes to get to my destination. Listening to music always made the time flash by. My playlist consisted of Liliana Summers, Dawn Moon, Miri Shards, and Queenie Bee. My ultimate favorite was Liliana Summers though. 'Love's Whispers' was blaring out in my MSA (moonstone airpods). After the song ended, 'Echoes of Your Soul' by Liliana Summers was heard by my ears. I sang or errrrrr mumbled the lyrics under my breath.

Lost in the shadows of your memory,

Tears falling like rain on my pillow,

Your words echoing, haunting me,

Heartbreak cutting deep like a dagger.

Echoes of you linger in my soul,

Tangled in a web of shattered dreams,

Trying to escape this endless hole,

But I'm drowning in your silent screams.

Pieces of us scattered in the wind,

Promises broken, love turned to dust,

Memories fading, but your scent within,

A bittersweet ache that's drowning us.

Echoes of you linger in my soul,

Tangled in a web of shattered dreams,

Trying to escape this endless hole,

But I'm drowning in your silent screams.

I close my eyes but you're still there,

A ghost of love that's haunting me,

I whisper your name into the empty air,

But all I hear are echoes of you, haunting me.

Echoes of you linger in my soul,

Tangled in a web of shattered dreams,

Trying to escape this endless hole,

But I'm drowning in your silent screams.

Echoes of you fade into the night,

A fading whisper in the breeze,

But deep within, the pain still bites,

My heart forever echoes of you, please set me free.

After the song faded and the next song came up, I closed my eyes and wanted complete silence except for the music. That's when I tripped on a stupid rock and fell. My right hip began to hurt and I'm pretty sure I scraped my right elbow. I touched my knee and gasped because there was blood on it. I tried to stand up, but my legs failed to. Before I could reach for my phone and call my mom for help, a voice said, "Need any help?"