Chapter Three

Today at school, Mia and I did our normal routine of checking each other's homework to make sure that we got the same-and hopefully correct- answers. Then the bell rang at exactly 8:01 and everyone began hurriedly going to their first class of the day. My first period was Music, which I adored and Mia's first period was Math, which I 'strongly disliked'. I would rather use the word despise, but MIa said not to say that cause she loves math.

At exactly 8:05, Miss Rose Ross entered the room with her long blond hair in a french braid. Her outfit consisted of a light pink crop top with a white and pink plaid jacket over it and white jeans, along with light pink platform pumps. Her outfit said "FEBRUARY LOVE!" while mine said "February winter..." My sweater was completely gray, my jeans were dark blue, and I had black knee-high boots with fur lining at the top.

Miss Rose (as we call her) exclaimed, "Welcome to a beautiful Monday! This month we are going to start our singing unit! The main project-and your only homework- is to write a song about February. Then, you must sing it and record yourself on video. I don't care if you show your face or not." She said that while eyeing me, cause I've asked to not show my face for every single unit. "After that, you must send the recording to my phone number-which is on the white board- and also your lyrics with your name at the top. There, I will grade you by your singing voice and your creative lyrics. Now, let's do some vocal warmups!"

For the whole fifty-five minutes, all I could think about was the assignment. Like I knew that I could ace that task, but was I ready to show someone else from outside my family? No. I decided to go talk to Miss Rose at the end of class. As I went up to her, I noticed that Christina was lingering. Oh well, she might have just been there to get overly organized, but stuffy binder. "What's up Angel?" asked Miss Rose.

"For the hundredth my name isn't Angel, it's Angelina. And is it okay if I do an alternative assignment? Cause I'm not ready to sing in front of a person outside of my family."

"There will be no alternative assignment, but I can promise to not show it to the class."

"Okay. That'll work I guess." Then, I left hurriedly to go to my second period: P.E.