50 shades of grey

POV: Farren

"Hey Galen, do you know where Luca is?" I asked while still holding hands with Axel.

"I just called him," Galen replied with a serious expression. "Can I talk to you in private?" he whispered.

I glanced at Axel and then gestured towards the living room, silently asking him to give us some space. He nodded and quickly left the room.

Galen and I walked to his office. I entered first and took a seat, hearing the heavy door close behind me as Galen's footsteps approached the large oak desk where he sat down.

He took a deep breath before speaking, "Luca mentioned something to me about a week ago. He asked me not to tell you, but here I am."

My curiosity piqued at his words. Luca was typically very honest; lying wasn't his style. Trust was crucial in our household.

"Luca told me he received a phone call about a child needing a place," Galen said, watching my reaction closely.

"Why would he keep that from me?" I asked, surprised by his secrecy.

"At first, he wasn't sure if we could take the child. He didn't want you to get attached if it didn't work out," Galen explained.

I looked down, feeling conflicted. As much as I wanted to be upset with Luca, I understood his concern. I tended to get emotionally invested in these cases.

"But why did he disappear all of a sudden?" I pressed on, still puzzled.

"He went to visit, what I'm trying to say is that we might be getting a newbie."

It took a while to fully digest the information that Galen had given to me. No prep, nothing? I don't even think we have a free room. There was lots to go into getting a new person in our group home.

Luca has always been right about things, so I'm hoping he's right on this.

As much as I'm confused and kinda mad at Luca, I'm honestly excited. There hasn't been anyone new here for about a year. I know the others will be excited about this.

"All we can do is wait." Galen says to me sternly and gets up to walk towards the door to open it. He signals me to get out of the room along with him.

We both stepped out of the room, and awkwardness followed us.

I don't know why the air was so tense between us, I guess he felt some guilt about the secret that him and Luca was keeping from me.

"Hey, are you guys done?" Nico popped around the corner, breaking the silence.

We both nodded and walked over to Nico.

"What's going on?" Galen asked Nico as we approached the living room.

"We're watching a movie," Nico replied with a smirk.

That couldn't be good.

"Is that Fifty Shades of Grey?" I asked, recognizing Dakota Johnson on the screen. It was clearly more than just fifty shades of anything.

Mikey nodded and chuckled, and I joined in.

Watching the movie brought back memories of when Luca had gathered me, Galen, Nico, Mikey, and Axel to discuss dominance and submission, using a similar movie as a reference.

Our experiences were nothing like what was depicted on screen, aside from Luca's possessiveness.

I think Luca just wanted to expose us to different aspects of BDSM.

Luca hadn't shown Kristen or Cole the movie yet for a reason; I knew he'd be upset about this.

When I glanced at Galen, expecting to see amusement, he actually looked quite angry. Despite being younger than me, he was always diligent about following Luca's instructions. He'd probably report Nico, Mikey, and Axel to Luca when he returned.

"Hey, turn that off!" Galen grabbed the remote and switched off the TV.

"Hey!" Cole protested loudly at Galen's action.

"You two, go to your room. I need to talk to them," Galen instructed, pointing towards the three boys.

This was going to take a while. I wished Luca was already back.

Sorry this is short again, next chapter will be in Lucas POV! So it will probably be WAY longer!!! Don't give up on this book please. I've just been sick lately. 😭

Thank you for all of the support! Don't forget to vote for each chapter and follow :) But do whatever you want, the writing is what makes me the happiest so just reading is okay!!

Who's your favourite character so far?: