A week..!?

My body layed lifeless on the ground. Every inch bore evidence of the abuse done to my body, with wounds marking my skin, each telling its own story of pain and trauma.

A relentless pounding went through my skull, each throb a painful reminder of the trauma inflicted upon my head.

My senses felt raw and exposed, with even the faintest glimmer of light from the broken light bulb above me causing me to shut my eyes.

I defenitly had a concussion.

Searing pain radiated from every inch of my battered body due to the relentless force of punches, kicks, and strikes that had been unleashed upon me.

The tender flesh beneath my skin throbbed with the intensity of the bruises forming, each one a vivid reminder of the violence endured. Every movement sent waves of discomfort rippling through my aching muscles, as I became aware of how much damage he had actually done to me.

It felt like an eternity had passed since Lenord left, though in reality, it had only been about an hour.

At least that's what it seemed like.

Despite his absence, I found myself still sprawled on the concrete floor. A crimson pool of blood spreading around me, the metallic tang of blood mingling with the stench of sweat and fear still hung heavy in the air.

As much as I wanted to cry, even breathing hurt. So I couldn't take the risk of taking in extra pain.

With a horrible screech, I could hear the door swimg open. The noise sent a sharp pang of discomfort through my already sensitive ears. Instinctively, I flinched and brought my hands up to cover them, seeking to shield myself from the sound echoing through the room.

I didn't once open my eyes until I could feel someone put something beside me.

As I cautiously peeled my eyes open, the blurry figure of the girl who had accompanied the boy earlier had came into view. I tried to focus on her lips as they moved, attempting to decipher the words escaping them.

But with my hands still pressed tightly against my ears, I struggled to make sense of her gestures and expressions.

With a hesitant motion, I gradually lowered my hands from my ears. As I turned my gaze towards the girl, a mask of confusion settled upon my features. Furrowing my brow, I tried show her that I didn't hear anything she had said through the tilt of my head and the quizled expression upon my face.

With a faint apologetic smile, the girl's voice broke through the lingering silence,"Oh, sorry," she murmured softly, her tone laced with genuine concern as she extended a small plate towards me, two sardines were neatly placed on the plate.

With a gentle push, she nudged the plate closer to where my body lay sprawled upon the ground. The scent of the fish wafted through the air, mingling with the metallic tang of blood.

As I devoured the sardines, the girl started to speak again. "You've been out for a week," she exclaimed, her tone was laced with worries.

I never thought sardines would taste so good, I don't even like fish! I thought to myself.

Then the words she spoke hit me.

My brows furrowed in confusion as the realization washed over me like a sudden wave crashing against the shore. "Wait... I've been out for a week!?" I exclaimed, my voice tinged with disbelief. 

Thoughts raced through my mind in confusion, "Didn't Lenord leave just an hour ago?" I added, trying to comprehend it.

She nodded her head no then continued to speak to me, "I don't think anyone else had been out for that long before," she murmured softly, her voice tinged with a mixture of sympathy and concern.

Her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she continued, "I was only out for two days when Lenord got to me," she confessed, her gaze dropping to the ground as it seemed like memories of her own flooded back.

I instantly felt I pang in my heart for her, what we were going to threw wasn't meant to happen. We deserve people who will actually take care of us! Not people who inflict pain and feed us less than a toddler should be fed.

With an exhale, she rose from her seated position on the ground, she brushed the dust from her white dress.

"Well, I better be going up," she murmured softly, her gaze lingering briefly on the stairs were the corner of the room. The mere sight of the staircase sent a shiver down my spine, a reminder of the pain inflicted on there.

As she made her way towards the stairs, a wave of nausea washed over me, threatening to overwhelm my senses. The memory of being hurled down those same stairs flashed before my mind's eye with vivid clarity, igniting a surge of fear  that churned deep within my gut.

"Try to get up soon," she urged, her voice laced with concern and compassion. The echo of her footsteps faded into silence as she ascended the staircase. And then, with a soft click, the door creaked open and closed once more.

Maybe I should try to get up, it's better than doing nothing.

Summoning every ounce of strength I could muster, I pushed myself up from the ground, my muscles protesting with every movement. With a determined grit, I planted my feet firmly beneath me. The weight of my body shifting as I struggled to regain my balance and composure.

As I finally managed to rise onto unsteady legs, a wave of dizziness washed over me threatening to send me crashing back down to the ground below. I braced myself against the wall for support, the rough texture of the concrete scraping against my skin as I fought to steady myself againstthe the feeling of fainting.

With a deep breath, I forced myself to straighten.

The stiffness in my joints gradually giving way to a newfound sense of strength and determination.

I started to walk towards the stairs slowly, not wanting to over work my damaged limbs.

With each  step, I ascended up the staircase, each one feeling like a small victory in itself.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I reached the top of the stairs, my heart pounding in my chest as I approached the door.

As my trembling hand reached out to grasp the doorknob, a surge of anticipation coursed through me. With a deep breath, I twisted the knob and pushed the door open, and in an instant, a blinding beam of light flooded my vision, searing into my fragile eyes like a white-hot fire.

Instinctively, I raised my hands to shield my eyes from the harsh glare.

As I stood there, shielding my eyes from the blinding light, my eyes were blind to the world around me. Un known to me, Serenity silently approached from behind

With a gentle touch, she placed her hand upon my shoulder, her fingers making contact with my skin in a sudden and unexpected gesture. Startled by the unexpected touch, I flinched involuntarily, my heart racing at the sudden intrusion into my personal space.

Slowly, I lowered my hands from my eyes blinking away the residual blindness as I turned to face her.

"Would you like to take a shower?" she offered, her tone soft and soothin.

With a hesitant nod, I accepted her offer. My mind swirling with a mixture of gratitude and skepticism. Why was she being so kind to me? What did she stand to gain from helping me? Her brother did this to me.

These questions lingered at the back of my mind.

After I had been shown the bathroom, I entered and was left to do all the work.

Do you guys like the girl?