Analise

Abbie's POV

"I can't wait till you see this place. It hasn't changed one bit." Hunter smiles, making me feel the butterflies in my stomach as I see the side of his eyes crease with his smile. There's just something about him... his smile always makes my stomach flutter and my heart race.

Is it strange to say I feel nervous about walking in to eat in this place? I haven't been here in so long. It was like a special treat to get away from Armand and be able to eat here. All my obligations back in Armand's home always kept me so busy, that I was surprised I even finished my homework. I still had the best grades, though! If I can boast that proudly.

But Alpha Black would unexpectedly send guards for me, and Armand would feel too embarrassed to say no. He'd try to play it off as if we were all doing something, and he'd say, "Abbie, honey. That's enough help for today. Why don't you go and have some fun? Get cleaned up, the Blacks would like you to join them for dinner." he'd say smiling as the guards looked at us but sent an evil look as soon as they'd turn.

Then he'd burst into the bathroom while I cleaned my face and hands, pull on my hair, and make me look at him, "Listen here, you little runt! Say anything about what goes on in this family, and I swear I will beat the shit out of you worse than last time. Understood?" he'd growl, making me nod as I cried through tearful whimpers.

It didn't matter though. Seeing Hunter's family always boosted me. They were the family I longed to have one day. They were loved, respected, and looked up to by everyone. That's probably why my old alpha hated him. He was jealous of him.

"Ooh, can't wait." I smile, leaning forward and kissing him. I cup his cheek, right over his scar, and nudge his nose with mine, making him smile. "I love you, beautiful," he says, making my smile widen, earning another kiss.

"And I love you."

We walk inside, and my eyes widen seeing this place intact. Nothing had changed, besides the fresh color paint, the same shade, though.

I sat across Hunter, looking at the menu. It hadn't changed a bit. It was the same menu as before, plus a few new things in the dessert.

My eyes widened as I saw a new item on the menu, "Acai bowls?" I ask, with wide eyes, making Hunter chuckle.

"I know those were your favorites when we were in middle school. I remember you eating them almost every Tuesday and Thursday after you were done tutoring the kids in our elementary school," he says, making my stomach flutter. I didn't think he'd remember that.

I was in the advanced program, and I was so ahead of classes that the principal asked me to tutor kids in our elementary next door. "Of course, I would remember. I was a tutor for the science kids, too," he says, making me chuckle. I covered my face slightly with the menu, feeling a bit embarrassed.

I do remember him being a tutor. I'd drool over him even then, looking at him teach the small kids about science and the history of werewolves.

"Why did you like those so much?" he asks, making me look up. "Uh... I," I couldn't tell him why... he'd think I'm nuts!

"Well, uh."

He chuckles, making my cheeks more red. My face felt hot with embarrassment. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just thought it was odd. I mean, we had such a large variety of desserts, from chocolate cake, cupcakes, puddings, but... you always wanted those acai bowls."

"Extra dragon fruit!" we both say in unison, laughing afterward.

"If I'm being honest... it's because they reminded me of you." I say making him smile, not saying a word, just looking at me.