Twenty-one

Collette's POV

I woke up alone after last night.

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I'll admit I was scared at first.

But Valentina just made me feel so...safe. With her last night I never had to question whether or not she was going to hurt me. That's what I was most afraid about.

But she made me feel so good and safe.

She was my first time. If I exclude the things that have happened to me, she was my first.

Once I woke up I just looked at the ceiling for a moment and really reflected after last night.

The date was amazing. Does it still sound as a date if I wake up in her bed?

We talked so much last night over dinner and I found out so many things about her, like she has two older brothers and almost all her family live in Miami but her parents chose New York because they thought it would be the best shot her and her sibling had at life. I also got to know that despite her only knowing her best friend for four years, she means a lot to her.

She's also a creative person, she won't tell me what for but she says she's very creative.

I finally got out of bed and only then I remembered that I was wearing her top. It was a blue oversized tshirt that had the word 'Havana' on the front in red and white. The sleeves were long and stoped at the tip of my elbows and was enough to reach my upper thigh.

I also saw the pair of shorts she laid out on the end of the bed for me. They were a pair of grey fleece shorts.

I put them on and headed into her bathroom to use the toilet and brush my teeth. After I went downstairs, to see if I could find her.

The house smells like coffee, not any coffee but like an actual fresh pot of hot coffee, none of the stale stuff. I did follow the smell and I found her at the little table that sat in her kitchen, on her laptop.

"Hi darling." She said immediately closing her laptop and standing up.

"Hi." I said softly looking around her kitchen in the daylight.

The sun bounced off the marble counter tops and slightly off white walls. It made the room feel bigger. More open.

"Did you sleep okay? I'm sorry I wasn't there but I needed to get some work done." She said wrapping her arms around me.

"It's okay." I said placing my hands around her neck and she leaned in to give me a small kiss which I reciprocated.

She was wearing really relaxed clothes. A pair of black leggings similar to the ones she wear earlier yesterday in PE and a grey baggy top. Simple but she was out together.

"Breakfast?" She said pulling away from the kiss.

"Mhm, thank you." I said and she kissed my forehead before turning around to the kitchen.

"I can help." I said tailing behind her.

"Darling, you don't have to. I've got it."