15. what's your favorite song?

There was some sort of peace that Oscar Piastri found in Zoom interviews. For him, they felt calmer, and they gave him a moment to breathe. It sounds stupid, he knows, but sometimes he just needed his own space.

He also enjoyed being able to keep his sweatpants on for just a little longer.

He was currently in a hotel room in Baku, while Lisbon was getting ready and was going to head out to the lobby, because they only gave the pair one room key.

He also enjoyed when he didn't necessarily need to have the camera on. He always did, but it was a nice option for him to have.

Sometimes he did, but it was very rare in this last year. Even in a point in time where physical interviews were viable and happened, podcasts still existed and Oscar actually loved hopping on them.

Recently, his manager (Mark Webber!) been reached out to by a podcast that requested he speak on it, and Oscar was more than happy to.

The would have to do it over phone call, and then at the same time record a voice memo of himself speaking, saying everything to make sure that the editor of the podcast was hearing everything correctly. Oscar did not have two phones, so he had to ask for Lisbon's.

He really didn't know how to ask her if he could use her phone for a little bit, it just felt awkward to him. He thought she might think he was invading her personal space, but he truly had no intention but to record his voice memo.

He had to just take a breath and do it. He told himself nothing bad would happen.

He walked over to the restroom and gave the door a small knock.

"Come in!" she said, and when Oscar walked into the room, she was putting her boots on, the boots that gave her a two inch boost, and let her be eye to eye with Oscar.

"Lis, love, do you think there's any way that I could borrow your phone for a bit? It's for that podcast I was telling you about last night, and it's totally cool if I can't, I was just thinking," And before he could finish his rambling, Lisbon cut him off.

"Osc, don't worry, of course you can," She said, looking around the counter for her phone.

She found it and handed it to her. It was blue, and had a polaroid of her and Oscar in it, as well as a sticker of George Russell.

Lisbon had a lot of charisma.

"The password's 0628, anytime you need it, feel free to go for it." She said with a small smile.

This made Oscar smile as well. It was both of their birthdates.

April 6th, June 28th. Aries and Cancer. A pair for the ages.

"Thank you, baby." He said, walking out of the room with a polite smile and rosy cheeks.

Oscar hadn't noticed the nicknames, and neither had Lisbon, but they had became more prominent in their vernaculars.

-

Formula Digest

ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı
8:24 ─●──────── -39:56
↻      ◁ II ▷     ↺