8. grand prix

It was Sunday, which was race day. Lisbon had high hopes for this Grand Prix because Oscar did exceptionally during qualifying, and he would be starting in the front row. She was extremely proud of him, and she was hopeful that he'd get a podium.

Oscar was nervous. Of course he'd had pressure during a race. For once, there were other high stakes in how he drove this Grand Prix. He'd had a podium start before, but you know what he hadn't had this season? Someone to try to impress.

Well he obviously had to stay in the teams good graces, but he meant Lisbon. He wanted her to think he was fast. He was, he knew that. She knew that. He just didn't want to choke, not in front of her. Today he had no space for mistakes.

Lisbon was walking through the Paddock, and she saw Pierre Gasly. She told Oscar she'd catch up with him, because she hadn't seen him since before Monza. Of course, they hung out once during the Summer Break, but she hadn't talked to him in a while.

Pierre was like Lisbon's big brother on the grid. He was six years older than Lisbon, and while she had been coming to

Formula 1 races since she was a baby, he'd actually been racing since he was a little kid. His first race in Italy, Lisbon actually had to give him directions as to where he was supposed to go.

"Gasly!" Lisbon called, running up to catch up with him. He noticed the girl and gave her a smile.

"Lisbon! Comment ça va? Je ne t'ai pas vu en Monza! [How are you? I didn't see you in Monza!]"

"Je suis très bien! Je avoir ne pas été a Japon, donc c'est type de intimidant [I've been very good! I haven't been to Japan, so it's kind of intimidating]." She answers.

One of the reasons she liked being friends with Pierre was because they both spoke french. Of course, Logan picked up on it, but she could hold a conversation with Pierre.

Not that Logan wasn't trying, bless his heart, but one time he became lightheaded trying to keep up with how fast Lisbon was talking.

He nodded and said, "J'entends tu, cela s'est passé a moi le d'abord temps aussi [I hear you, that happened to me the first time too]."

"How's your weekend been?" Lisbon asked him.

Pierre smiles and says, "P12, Lisbon. Not the best, huh?"

"Oh come on, there's worse places to be."

"Sure, Lisbon." He says.

"Tu est venu avec Oscar? [you came with Oscar?]" He asked the girl, continuing their conversation.

"Oui," Lisbon said simply. She sighed, and spoke, "Can I tell you something?"

Pierre notes that they've switched back to english, and he nods.

"It's not real, it's a stunt."

"And you don't want it to be fake, do you?" Pierre asks her back, knowing where she was going.

Lisbon gives him a weak smile and says, "Je ne sais pas[I don't know], Pierre. Oscar's such a gentlemen, and you know, what happened in Monza happened in Monza, but that's not him, He's such a good person. I do however think that I'm the only one who feels something here. I just keep pushing it down because it won't happen, but Oscar's so good at pretending it's real."

"If I may, it doesn't seem he's pretending." Pierre said looking at her.

"I've seen you guys walking down the Paddock, and I've seen his Instagram stories," He laughs then says, "As deluded as that sounds, he looks at you like you're a great importance, and I don't think that someone who was faking a relationship would do that."

Good For Business, Oscar Piastri जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें