12. distance makes the heart grow fonder

The 2023 Formula 1 season was over, but Oscar and Lisbon weren't. They were "stronger than ever," according to the press. If only that was fact, if only they weren't fiction.

For a rookie, Oscar had done phenomenally, and scored 97 points in his first season of Formula 1. Everyone knew he was going to be amazing in the future, but Lisbon loved paying attention to how well he was doing now. He would go on to do great things, of course. She saw World Champion in his future, but she also saw how he was such a good rookie. It amazed her. She hadn't seen anyone as good as him since Lewis, and that was when she was about six or seven years old.

Anyways, Lisbon and Oscar had not seen each other in 2 days. She was back in Los Angeles, and he was in the UK just for a little while longer. Lisbon had asked him to join her in Los Angeles for a little bit over two weeks, he'd get there on the 30th of November, and he'd be on his way home on the 18th.

They would actually be taking a little trip to Baku for the FIA's Prize Giving Ceremony.

Lisbon was leaving for Italy on the 20th, she was going to visit her parents for Christmas.

While the Viotto's were huge on Formula 1, they were also huge on Christmas. It was a private, close to home, and only Genevieve, Amadeo, and Lisbon, and anyone Lisbon chose to bring. She considered inviting Oscar, but then she decided she didn't want to bother him too much, take Christmas with his family away as well.

Right now, Lisbon was helping Colette pack for Ireland. She was amazed that she was going there, even if she was Irish. It just felt really far, and it'd be for so long. She'd been casted for a movie where she'd star with Paul Mescal, and Colette was really excited. It would be 5 months, so she wouldn't be home until the beginning of May.

"Colette, I cannot believe you're leaving," Lisbon said with a giggle, "But if it was to kiss Paul Mescal, I probably would too."

"Says you! You've been gone for like, two months! I literally have been FaceTiming my mom everyday."

"My bad, Collie, my bad. I can't believe you can't come see my show on friday either!"

"Me neither, babe, next time around, make sure to add something for Ireland, no?"

"For sure, Colette."

-
@lisbonsgirl GUYS what do we think the setlist for la is going to be like for lisbon's show??
|
@v1ottos need her to play the gold omg she hasn't played that this tour

@landosreserve DO WE THINK OSCAR'S GONNA BE THERE
|
@loganxlisbon i hope not omg im holding out for logan
|
@mclarensgirl COME ONNN lisbon and logan are just friends
|
@mclarensgirl that means get a job btw

@xlisbonviottox what do you guys want me to play in los angeles?? i'm all ears!!
|
@v1ottos THE GOLD I BEG
|
@lisbonsluvr stop omg i need to hear nonsense i'm gonna be so sad if la's the show that doesnt get it
|
@OscarPiastri I would love to hear 'I can see you,' love!!
|
@v1ottos shit my ass isn't hearing the gold live

-

Lisbon was lounging on her bed, Colette was out buying earplugs for the plane, and Lisbon wished she had went with her. She was so bored. She had rewatched the entirety of the first season of Yellowjackets and had no idea what to do.

Lisbon had grown up alongside the track, and a lot of the drivers, so everything was fast paced for her. There was always something going on, and she was always happy to be there. F1 fans loved to talk about how the winter break kills them, but it kills Lisbon as well.