4 : Blonde sensation

"A sky full of stars and he was staring at her."
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Luke

There is no better feeling then winning the first game of the season. 4-1, we fucking smashed them.

Unfortunately for us since the game ended late we have to stay the night in a hotel near by, which meant that we wouldn't be able to go to our local bar.

After the game we were sucked into the interviews which mainly consisted of them trying to create rumours and gossip.

"You coming out?" Our goalie Adam asks me as we make our way out of the media room, the lobby has cleared up and there is barely anymore people left.

"Fuck yeah"

I share a few winks with the puck bunnies who are left and follow Wyatt and Adam out towards the bus. The broken air con from the bus creaks when we get onto the bus, I choose a seat near the back close to Wyatt who is opposite me.

"Cap. Captain" someone calls, I remove my earphones and look up.

"Cap our freshman here has something to ask you" Wyatt says snickering, I turn my gaze towards the new freshman Winger who moved in with us a few weeks ago.

I nod my head encouraging him to speak while also keeping a scowl on my face for waking me up, he shifts his weight from one foot to the other while looking down.

"Can-Can I sit there?" He says pointing to the seat next to me, it's embarrassing how this kid is acts around me.

I survey him for a minute, his eyes are moving back and forth between me and Wyatt, last year I would've shouted fuck no without a second thought but I'm captain this year, I have people to look out for.

"Fine" I say turning back to look out of the window, in my peripheral vision I see Wyatt with his Jaw on the floor. The kid played good tonight, I can tell he wants to get somewhere and that hockey isn't just for the fame.

"I'm Elijah" he says putting out a hand I don't take the hand but I don't ignore him.

"I know" realising what I said might have been too harsh I opt for a nicer tone,
"Good play tonight kid" A wide smile appears onto his face as he coughs trying to hide it, the bus starts moving and I watch as the puck bunnies hold out there posters with no shame. '#22 PUCK ME!' I roll my eyes and look back at the seat in front of me.

"Must be nice, your a legend already" Elijah says from next to me looking out the window, I nod at him not knowing what to reply with so I close my eyes letting my mind drift.

The buzzing of my phone wakes me up as well as the shuffling from next to me, I slowly open my eyes to see everyone exiting the bus.

I get up and pick up my hockey gear from overhead, the cold air is crisper than in Pembroke and the sun has already gone down.

"Meet down here in ten?" One of the guys say as we enter the hotel lobby, me and Wyatt make our way up to our room on the sixth floor.

"Nice ass you got there Beniz" I snicker as Wyatt walks out of the bathroom butt ass naked.

"That's why I pull all the ladies" he says winking at me as I make a gagging noise, we change into different clothes and meet the guys downstairs.