Chapter 6

Cecilia:

I know I've stated this already, but I hated being alone in rooms with guys.

It's not like I had any sort of trauma stemming from men, but I know what they're like. I've heard enough of others experiences to know I shouldn't easily trust them with no idea of who they really were. 

Honestly, it was just cruel of the school to just dispose of me in a room full of guys as a girl. Did they not see how potentially problematic that could be?

I mean, Luca I wasn't too worried about. Just in the short spam I'd know him, he'd radiated completely golden retriever energy that wouldn't hurt a fly. 

Matteo on the other hand? I swear he was trying to kill me with the looks he was sending me. I hadn't even been there for long, so there was no way for him to possibly discover he hated me, and yet, while I was trying to talk to Luca, he stared at me with the unmistakable heat of dislike. 

Gray, I felt indifferent towards. He was kind and welcoming, but at times he was quiet, like he too was unsure of me. Alex was just plain judgy. Not towards me as much as Luca, but damn those sarcastic remarks he threw at him hurt and they weren't even directed at me. 

Now, I was just lying on my back in my bed, staring up at the ceiling as they all slept peacefully beside me. At least I'd gotten a decent few hours, but it could only last so long.

Sighing, I sat up and swung my legs over the bed, sliding my feet into my little white bunny slippers. I wiped the crust forming In the corner and shuffled over to the bathroom, wincing when the door creaked loudly as I opened and closed it.

I flicked the little light on and quickly shut my eyes when the brightness stung my eyes. I looked around the large bathroom and noted there was no vanity chair for the sinks and mentally set a reminder to look into getting one. 

I settled for sitting criss-cross on the sink facing the mirror and pulled out a little makeup bag with red hearts coated around it. Yeah, that's the type of things I did when I was bored in the middle of the night. 

Around 40 minutes later, a had a full face of makeup done and looking better than my normal casual makeup did. I was about two sections In to straightening my hair when I heard the door creak open.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I paused mid straighten and slowly turned towards the hushed voice. My face flushed red under Matteo's harsh gaze and I slowly lowered the device. 

"Where the fuck are you going at-" he paused to look down at his watch, "3:27 in the morning?" His eyes were squinted against the harsh light as he stared at me.

"Um...nowhere?" I said unsurely.

"Then why are you getting ready in the middle of the night while you're supposed to be asleep?"

"Oh- well..." I trailed off while my cheeks flamed in embarrassment. "I couldn't sleep and I was bored." I eventually said sheepishly.

"So...you decided to do a full face of makeup and hair to pass the time?" He looked at me strangely.

I nodded slowly, not sure why the idea was so bind boggling to him. "Um...yeah?"

He stared at me with a raised eyebrow for a few moments before he sighed and mumbled something I couldn't catch under his breath, shaking his head to himself. He rolled his eyes, "wipe that shit off and go to bed already. The noise is going to wake the others." He turned and stalked out of the room. 

I gaped at his bluntness but when I turned to stare at my reflection in the mirror, I realized he was right. With the amount of times I'd already dropped different things, I'm surprised the whole wing wasn't up and banging on my door begging for me to quit with the noise. Setting down the straightener and pulling out my pack of makeup removers, I began to erase my hard work. 

By the time I was done, I realized I was tired and did need to go to sleep anyways. Yawning, I discarded the many wipes I used and slowly creaked the door open. I almost screamed when I saw Matteo sitting up in his bed and staring straight at me.

"Jeez." I mumbled under my breath, heading over to my bed and sliding in.

 Like when I first went to bed, I made sure to turn my back on him so I didn't need to see his deep stares on my back as I tried to sleep.