Chapter 3

A/n: Y'all for some reason the header picture thingys aren't working so I gotta do it the boring way ;(

Cecilia's POV:

Aware of Matteo's intense stare on me, I stayed facing towards my now packed dresser, feeling too uncomfortable to turn around and meet his gaze. 

With nothing to do, I look around silently, trying to come up with a plan on how I wanted to decorate my part of the room. The guys- I already forgot their names- had a few sports posters strewn on theirs walls, but other than that, the room was blank and boring. 

The inner control freak in me was absolutely dying to just deep clean the entire room and redecorate it. Of course I couldn't, because I only got here about three hours ago and I don't really know how well my new roommates would react to me messing up their peaceful sanctuary. 

Tearing my eyes away from the bland walls that could really use some wall decorations, I looked outside and noticed how dark the sky had gotten. From the window, the autumn trees were hardly visible at the lack of light. 

From the corner of my eyes, I saw who I thought were Luca and Gray talking in hushed whispers to each other. Neither were looking at me, but they were both trying to shove each other in my direction which made me curious about what they were talking about. Straining my ears, I attempted to overhear what they seemed so frantic about. 

"Just go over there!"

"No! You do it."

"I'm not going over there."

"Why? Too scared?"

"Yes." 

After admitting that, Luca's eyes met mine and his widened in panic, quickly turning away and nudging Gray who glared but also noticed my stare and turned away as well. I watched in amusement as they both lean against the wall, trying to act casual as they talked very loudly of the weather.

"Oh yeah, I mean, it was pretty sunny today, but I think it's gonna rain tomorrow." Gray spoke loudly.

Luca nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I just love the autumn air, you know?" Pretending like he was looking around the room, Luca looked over to me, only to notice I was still staring, my lips twitching into a small smile 

Whipping his head back to Gray, they both widened their eyes and made sure to avoid all eye contact with me. 

"Literally how hard is it to ask her? She's hardly scary." Came Alex's voice, looking at them in a judging manner. 

I watched as Alex rolled his eyes at Luca after he frantically whispered something into his ear, his attention flickering to me. Calling out from their spot over by the window, Alex said, "We're all going down for dinner in a minute and Luca and Gray would like to know if you want to come with us."

Confusion settled as I wondered why Luca and Gray couldn't ask me something simple, but then I remembered I had absolutely no room to talk as I hadn't said a single word to any of them, scared I might say something stupid.

Speaking of which, I couldn't even form a verbal answer to the invitation and settled for a simple, quiet nod. 

Luca's face lit up and Gray blew out an audible sigh of relief, sharing a look with him. "That would've been real embarrassing if she said no." I heard Luca say lowly. 

That's why he was so scared to ask, I thought to myself. An over thinker, like me. 

"Matteo, man, you coming?" Gray asked, nodding his head towards him. Grumbling something incoherent, Matteo got up, throwing on a black jacket over his white shirt and shuffling over to the door. Opening it, he narrowed his eyes at all of us, telling us to hurry up.

Scrambling up and out the door, we all followed Matteo, who was already half-way down the hallway and headed towards the elevators. We quickly caught up with him at the exact time a ding came from the elevator and the doors slid open. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matteo's POV:

"Hm hmmm..." Luca hummed. 

"Are you seriously singing to the elevator music right now?" Alex asked incredulously, side-eying our friend. 

"What?" Luca huffed. "The silence is loud right now and no one is talking. Excuse me for wanting to fill it." He rolled his eyes.

Alex mumbled something in reply that caused Luca to narrow his eyes, flicking him over the head. 

Fill the silence my ass. He was just as awkward as the rest of us around our new roommate. To be honest, none of us had ever really lived with a girl, other than our mothers, or even tried making friends with one for that matter. 

Sure, we've talked to girls, but whenever we did, it was always in a flirting manner, like at parties. We'd never bothered to have friends that were girls, just girlfriends and flings.

Luca, though, was just terrible at social interactions with anyone, girl or guy. Hell, when we all started school and were assigned as roommates, that boy was incredibly shy. Like Cecilia, it took a whole lot to get him to say even a word. Which was surprising considering how energetic he could be in private.

But for some reason, I didn't know at all how to talk to this Cecilia girl. What does a guy even talk about with a girl?

Like I mentioned, the only time I ever bothered talking to girls was when I was flirting. And I didn't think she looked like the type of girl who even knew how to respond to any advances.

My eyes automatically searched her as I thought about her, finding her standing on the side, watching in amusement as Luca continued to bicker with an annoyed Alex. She seemed hesitant as she watched, like she was scared that any input of hers might ruin the conversation.

Yeah, I got that. 

Past the boys, her eyes met mine before a faint blush coated her cheeks and she quickly looked away. 

Well it'd be a lot easier to assess her if she'd just keep her eyes on me long enough to. 

The elevator doors slid open again and I watched Alex shove Luca with his arm, snarking something about him being "light as a feather."

Gasping in offense, Luca followed after him, throwing insults back.

A soft giggle sounded in the air and I turned my head to the sound, seeing that the sound had came from Cecilia's mouth. A twitch of my lips and a small, involuntary smile formed on my face before I quickly wiped it away. 

It wasn't that I liked her or anything, but god that laugh was pretty.