ch 40 - mixed

Phoebe

"I can't believe that tour is really over," Lucy said as we walked to our dressing room.

"It really flew by," Julien replied.

"But now that means we get to play surprise!" I said. "Vacation!"

"Yeah, do you think they know what's going on?" Lucy said, turning her attention to Julien.

"I mean, you heard her on the phone earlier," Julien said to both of us. "I don't think they have any idea. Especially the second part of the surprise. Knowing how big of a MUNA fan both Alex and Jo are, I think they're going to be shocked."

"I can't believe we've kept it a secret for this long," I said, honestly surprised at how well we had kept our surprise quiet. "We usually aren't very good at surprises."

"I mean, our surprise is running on sheer faith that we know them well enough to have somewhat of an idea to how they will react," Julien said with a hint of doubt in her voice.

"I mean, I don't see any universe in which either of them would say no, be for real here," Lucy said with a playful roll of her eyes.

"I don't see how they could," I agreed with Lucy.

"We do need to however work out the details of just how we're going to make this work without raising suspicion. I'm supposed to call Jo after the show, and if I wait too long she could get suspicious."

"I mean, aren't they both at work tonight?" Lucy asked.

"Remember when I said we should all share our locations," I said with a hint of condescending tone in my voice. "It was for times like these. Now we'll be able to see when they leave work. But I could tell Jo I have something I want to show her and that we have to facetime?" I said, trying to toss out an idea. "I mean we could show her that song we've been working on?"

"Well that covers the delayed phone call," Lucy said. "We could say that there's still something we have to do before we can show her. But we haven't figured out the other part just yet."

"Well I just texted her that we want to show her something," I said as my phone buzzed in my hand. "However, I did just get a notification that both of them have left work, so that's odd."

"I mean, at least they'll be home?" Lucy said.

"Well I'll go ahead and text her that the show is over so she doesn't get suspicious on that front, but we know she won't respond until they get home because she's either driving or fighting for her life while Alex drives," Julien said with a small laugh.

"Too real," I said, also laughing at the diss on Alex's driving.

"Maybe I should text her too, make it a whole party," Lucy said as I got the notification that Alex and Jo had arrived at home.

"Oh! They're home!" I announced to everyone.

"We just got a text in the jogenius group," Lucy said. "I cannot believe she just group texted us to reply to us faster than replying to us one at a time. I love your girlfriend, Julien."

"So do I," Julien said as a blush crept across her cheeks.

"Oh my gosh, they want to talk to Jo, Naomi, and Katie! MUNA! WE HAVE SOMEONE THAT WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!" I shouted, causing the three of them to come out of their dressing room with all of their stuff packed up.

"I'm hoping it's that infamous girlfriend of yours," Katie said as she nudged Julien with her elbow, causing Julien's cheeks to turn an even deeper shade of pink.