ch 21 - jo

I gave Julien a house tour, which ended up with us in my room. We were laying down on my bed listening to a song called Yes I'm Changing that one of my friends, Kevin, just put on Spotify.

"He's like, insanely talented," Julien said as she nodded her head along to the beat. "He does this all himself? Like that's just one guy?"

"Just Kevin," I said with a laugh. "He'll play at the bar every now and then when he's in town and everyone is always blown away when he gets up there and puts on the set that he does," I said with pride evident in my voice.

"I bet he's amazing. So if he puts on a whole set, that means he has other music, right? I need more of this."

"Yes! I'll do anything to promote him and his music," I said with a smile.

I was in the middle of sending her a playlist I had made of all of his songs when I heard the front door open.

"I hear Kevin!" Alex's voice rang throughout the house. "Turn that shit up!"

Julien and I both laughed, and I happily obliged. Full volume was the best way to listen to his music and we both knew it.

"There goes our peace," I said so only Julien could hear me.

"I'm glad we got any time at all. We should do this again sometime. I could show you some of my artist friends, too," Julien said with a warm smile.

"I'd love that," I said, smiling right back at her.

Alex, Phoebe, and Lucy burst into the room right at this moment, causing them all to make heinous throwing up sounds.

"This is so gay," Alex said.

"So are you, idiot," I replied, causing everyone to laugh.

"You got me there."

Everyone climbed on my bed, making themselves comfortable around me and Julien. Once everyone was nice and cozy, I decided to bring up the elephant in the room.

"So the going away show," I started in a small voice.

"The going away show," Julien said sadly.

"It's not a sad thing!" Phoebe said, trying to lighten the mood. "We're gonna put on a killer show, get some more on stage experience. Then, we'll go back to LA, release this thing we've been working on, and immediately plan another trip back here."

"Who would've thought that the random small town we picked would lead us to some of the coolest people we've ever met," Lucy said.

"And we know some pretty cool people," Phoebe said, making us all let out a small laugh.

"Won't you guys have to tour?" Alex asked, bringing all of my fears into reality.

"Well yes, but I can't imagine it being anything too crazy," Julien said, looking directly at me.

"It shouldn't be too long, I don't even think we'll go international," Lucy said.

"Do you guys promise you'll come back to visit?" I asked, my voice sounding much sadder than I had intended.

"Of course we'll come back to visit, Jo," Phoebe said as she reached over to grab my hand. "You guys are some of the best people I've ever met, and I'm sure these two goons agree with me," she said, gesturing to Julien and Lucy.

"We'll miss you out here," Alex said.

"We'll miss you guys more," Lucy said in a reassuring tone.

"Let's do something tomorrow," I said, hoping to lighten the mood. "Let's go mini golfing."

"You hate mini golfing," Alex said in a skeptic tone.

"Well maybe, but you always make me laugh when we go, and I think I could use a little bit of laughter."

"If you think about it," Phoebe said, already starting to laugh at her own joke. "Mini golfing is just regular golfing for Julien."

"Oh my god. I am not that short!" Julien exclaimed.

"Little boygenius," Lucy said, a smile evident in her voice.

"My little boygenius," I said to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"Alright, alright. Sleepover here tonight, mini golf in the morning? I can make everyone drinks," Alex said.

"I've been dying to try an Alex drink since the first night we met," Phoebe admitted, Lucy nodding her head in agreement.

"Well wait no more!" Alex said as they hopped off my bed to head down to the kitchen. "Five Alex drinks coming right up!" 

------------------------------------

short chapter bc yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday and i didn't have time to write but i wanted to post something 

should be updating at least one more time today, and then i work every day this week so idk how frequent updates will be

maybe i could actually make an update schedule??? if yes, would people prefer one update a week with longer/multiple chapters or multiple updates a week with one chapter each time? 

thanks in advance ily<3