ch 8 - jo

"Good morning, sunshine!" I heard Alex banging on my still locked door. "It's 10 o'clock and I know you want to shower before you see the girl of your dreams!"

"You are so dead," I grumbled back.

"Kill me after your shower so they'll put you on Mugshawtys and my death doesn't have to be in vain, please!" Alex cried out as I heard their footsteps heading toward our kitchen.

I rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom and started running the hottest water our shower would offer. I opened Spotify and put my phone on do not disturb so it wouldn't interrupt my music before stepping into the shower, and Pancakes For Dinner by Lizzy McAlpine blared through the speaker we keep in the bathroom. I washed my hair, face, and body, and got out of the shower in record time. I wrapped a towel around my body and started the short walk back to my room. Just as I was about to open the door to my room, Alex came around the corner with an evil grin on their face.

"I made you breakfast, my sweet angel baby roomie who I adore with every last piece of my heart and soul," they said in a sickeningly sweet tone.

"Uh uh. What did you do? Why are you doing this. Are you about to poison me? Is this payback for threatening to kill you? I didn't mean it."

"I am not poisoning you, nothing's wrong with the food I promise. I would never waste a perfectly good everything bagel, you know this," Alex said in the most serious tone I have ever heard.

"That's valid," I admitted. "So what did you do? Why do you look like Spongebob when he's about to say 'you like krabby patties, don't you Squidward?'"

"Amazing reference, but I did nothing wrong. I am going to let you finish your breakfast and get ready while I go into my room," they said. "And lock my door," they mumbled under their breath before taking off in the direction of their room.

"What was that?"

"Nothing sweetheart, get ready! We have to leave soon."

I went into my room and started to get dressed. Since I don't know what plans they have other than sitting in the recording studio all day, I decided to dress slightly more comfortably. I put on my black flare leggings and a maroon cropped tank that made my green eyes pop. I put on mascara and blush to make myself look slightly more awake, and started digging in my closet to find my shoes. I laced up my docs and started looking for my favorite sweatshirt. After looking in every spot I had ever put it, I picked up my phone to text Alex to ask if they had seen it. I tapped my screen to light it up and saw I had almost 50 texts. I had completely forgotten I had put it on do not disturb before getting in the shower, so I opened the messages app to see what I had missed in the hour I hadn't been on my phone.

*boygenius and two dummies*

Husband: good morning lovely women of boygenius

Husband: we have some exciting content coming live from the alex & jo household this gorgeous morning

Phoebe: please enlighten us

Julien: Anything is more exciting than these two bickering over who has to drive us to the studio today

Husband: oh it's MUCH more exciting than that

Husband: *one video attachment*

Lucy: oh my god she's so cute

Julien: Is that Lizzy's new song?

Phoebe: AND SHE LISTENS TO LIZZY? jb if you don't make a move i may just have to