EPILOGUE

6 Years Later.

"I hate you."

"That's still not going to change my decision," I said, flipping the pancakes.

But she only huffed, "Just one scoop of ice cream," she tried to convince me, but I only shook my head, knowing Stella would kill me if I sent her over hyped up on sugar.

"No means no, Azelia," I said, using her full name, which earned a dramatic sigh from her.

I suddenly heard footsteps patter into the open living area, "Uh oh, Lia what did you do?" Armani questioned, knowing I never used her full name.

The four-year-old rolled her dark eyes, "I didn't do anything—mommy won't let me have a scoop of ice cream," she explained.

And just as I expected, Armani said, "Oh come on Mi, just one scoop."

I swear she gives her anything.

I never imagined I'd be the bad cop parent.

"For breakfast? Are you insane?" I questioned as Armani walked over to me.

I mean, I didn't just cook a balanced breakfast for nothing.

Armani slid her arms around my waist, briefly pressing a kiss to my lips, "I'm sorry, I forgot to say good morning to my beautiful wife," she murmured, pressing another kiss to my cheek.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I see what you're doing," I pointed out.

Armani hummed, reaching behind me to remove the pancake from the hot pan with the spatula, "One scoop on her pancakes—we'll call it a compromise."

Her and her compromises—It's the reason Azelia's going to be spoiled. 

I inevitably let out a long sigh, knowing they weren't about to give this one up.

"Fine—"

"Yes!" Azelia cheered as she fist-bumped the air.

I narrowed my eyes at her, looking back at Armani, "But you can explain to your mother why our daughter is hyped up on sugar," I retorted.

Armani froze slightly, pursing her lips into a line, "Yeah, um..." she trailed off, looking back to Azelia, "I think we should ask Gi Gi when she gets here if you can have some."

I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my lips. I knew she'd side with me after knowing the details.

Azelia huffed, "Really mamma?"

Armani nodded firmly, "Really—just use your skills on Gi Gi and I'm sure she'll give you your way and more."

Azelia's brows raised, "And more?" she carefully questioned.

Oh God, the last thing she should've told her was that.

Armani hummed, "So much more," she said as the elevator to our penthouse dinged open.

And just like that, Stella was walking in with a huge grin on her face, "Good morning familia," she happily greeted.

Azelia quickly stood from the table, "Gi Gi!" she cheered running toward her as her shiny dark hair swayed back and forth.

Stella bent down to initiate a full-on hug with Azelia as Armani managed to grab one of the pancakes from behind me to eat.

"Can I have ice cream for breakfast?" Azelia asked in excitement, easily causing Stella to look over at us with a hesitant look.

But I only pointed to Armani who gave her mom a shrug.

Stella gave us both a narrowed look, "Of course sweetie—go get your shoes on and we'll go," she said, but I could tell by her right tone that she wasn't happy about the new plans.