「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10: ᴛᴏᴅᴏ ᴀᴏɪ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇ'ɴɪɴ ᴍᴀɪ」

❝ I never lose a fistfight! ❞

Nobara was having trouble picking out a soda from the school's few vending machines, complaining a bit about the few choices. "Couldn't they put in a few more vending machines? There are barely any good ones here."

"They can't. We're strict about who we do business with", Megumi answered, which resulted in Nobara frowning a bit.

"A shame."

"Huh? Where's the first-year crew?" Panda looked around, a bit confused since the two first-years weren't anywhere to be seen.

"Running errands", Maki answered.

"Will they be okay?" Panda asked, a bit worried. "Salmon."

"They're no three years old. They can handle an errand run", Maki responded, but Panda spoke up again.

"No. That's not what I meant. Today's the day, right? When Kyoto's principal comes here. To go over the exchange event", Maki looked over her shoulder, now fully listening.

"Rumour has it that the higher-ups who have some friction with Satoru arranged for the dispatch of first-years on that special-grade case. The principal of Kyoto is one of the, isn't he? What if they run into each other? "Panda stated with a bit of a concerned tone.

"They targeted Yuji, who's now dead. I doubt that he was any plans to harm the other two", you spoke up from behind them, although you were aware of the fact Yuji was alive, you didn't want to tell the others just yet, you wanted to wait till the event.

"And I don't think he wants to cause a scene in broad daylight", Maki added.

"Teachers might have their reputations to worry about, but students have no reason to hold back, you know", Panda pointed out and Maki stopped walking.

"Are you saying Mai is coming?" she asked.

"It's just a hunch. I know students have no reason to join the meeting, but still... Those guys love to talk trash. Both Todo and Mai",