「ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ」

❝ Don't be afraid ❞

Rain was still pouring from the sky and Megumi stood there while looking over his shoulder, waiting for Yuji to come back. He stared at the building and his eyes widened. The Innate Domain is gone! The special grade is dead! Now we just need Itadori to return safely.

"Sorry, but he's not coming back", Sukuna walked out from behind Megumi, water droplets ran down Megumi's face along with a few sweat drops. "Don't be so scared. I'm in a great mood right now. let's chat for a bit. This is what the brat gets for trying to use me without any kind of pact. Feels like he's having some trouble switching back. Still, it's only a matter of time", Sukuna ripped off Yuji's uniform shirt to pieces and let the ripped-off clothing fall to the ground, just like the first time. "Which is why, I thought about what I can do right now."

Sukuna laughed with a grin as he stabbed Yuji's body and took hold of his beating heart, ripping it out of his body. Blood ran down his mouth as he grinned at Megumi. Blood poured out of the wound with great speed as it fell to the ground, coloring the pavement with rain and Yuji's blood. "I'm taking this brat hostage."

"What do you mean?" Megumi asked with a panicked voice as his eyes switched from Yuji's heart to Sukuna who held it in his hand. "Yeah, I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat. Switching out with me means he dies", Sukuna threw Yuji's hard to the grassy ground, he took out one of his artificial fingers, and swallowed it. "Also, just for good measure. With that, I'm free as a bird. Now you can be scared, because I'm about to kill you, just for the hell of it."

"Just like last time, except now our roles are reversed", Megumi looked at the ground before switching his attention back to Sukuna, staring at him with determination before taking a fighting stance. "You just don't get it, Itadori is coming back. Even if it means he'll die. That's just how he is."

"You give him too much credit. This guy's a little tougher and denser than other humans. Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, prattling on about his regrets and all that nonsense. I know for a fact he doesn't have the guts to kill himself", Sukuna thinks for a moment as he wipes the blood off his mouth. Megumi noticed the healed arm that was previously cut off by the curse.

He can use Reversed Cursed Techniques. Sukuna is an incarnation. Even if he can live without a heart, it should still be damaging to him. I'll make him heal his heart before Itadori returns. I just have to make him believe he can't beat me without a heart in his body. Can I do that? Megumi asked himself as he kept his eyes on Sukuna who surprisingly didn't attack it.