31. Luna

I have felt like the last few hours have gone by to fast

I have felt like the last few hours have gone by to fast. I did tell them when I was on my phone that was me putting in my notice for my job and it is over with so that I can focus on my new role and responsiblities, to which made Auntie and Sherry tear up claiming I was already a good Luna wanting to focus on the pack as where Lance said I didn't have to but to me it felt right to do.

Currently though, Auntie and Sherry helped me to freshen up a bit ago to where now I am waiting off to the side with Seth. Lance is going through the talking as he had explained to us both earlier. I had thought I needed to be in some dress or fancy but not in the least, I get to wear my pants and nice blouse which suits me great. Honestly, the pack should accept me as I am and comfortable too because the last thing I want to do for first impressions is be all fake and over the top dressed making them think that is how I am when it is not. Sure I will wear some dresses but to be fancy just takes so much time to do also.

Seth stands tall next to me and it is like I can feel how calm he is. We listen as Lance goes over the second chance mates. Next thing I know Lance is calling me up to the stage, where I pass Sherry, Levo, and Valin just behind Lance's back.

"This is Fayla. She is my second chance mate and your new Luna, as she has accepted the mate bond between us." Lance then goes on to explain how we are second chances mates with his past and then my own. Not a single person seems to be mad towards Valin but instead I see looks of pity in their eyes, it really makes me want to know what happened for the entire pack to look at him as such.

Lance turns to me and when he holds out his hand, I place mine in his. He goes through words and I have to repeat many of the same he does. Finally with a small wolf head needle pen, he pricks my palm drawing a few drops of blood. It causes a ruby gem for the wolf's eyes to light up before the entire head burns a bright silver in the moon light. Lance moves my shirt over and presses the wolf's head to my shoulder where it burns as a the head brands my skin, making me grimace and try to breath through it. After a few seconds he removes the wolf's head pen and I watch as it goes back to the dark figurine.

He had explained all this process before to me and I was ready for it. Just to experience it though has been very different.

All of a sudden there seems to be a small rush felt through me but in a way I feel connected to others. I don't get to mindlink with anyone though as I am human, but Auntie thinks I might be able to once Lance and I actually mate or well have sex and he bites me to mark me. So I bascially feel like I am branded twice being Luna, but at least the marking shouldn't hurt like Sherry had explained it to be.

Everyone tilts their heads to the side and then lowers their bodies closer to the ground without actually kneeling. I smile and nod back to them which makes them stand up and then cheering starts.

Lance gathers their attention back and then Seth is brought out. Everyone is over joyed with Seth and the back ground on him being such a young shifter. Seth thankfully doesn't get branded as I had but once he takes over the roll of Beta later in life then he will have that done. For tonight, Lance uses a knife and then they do a blood oath before Seth holds his head with the hand not covered in blood. Lance helps him walk through the steps of the mind link blocking to where he isn't overwhelmed, it makes me feel awful that there is nothing I can do in order to help my son through this process but I am thankful for him getting help from others used to it.

"As a celebration of this wonderful news. Let us all feast on the food that everyone has so graciously put together last minute for tonight. Then we will take and enjoy a moonlight run when it is at its highest point in the sky." Lance's voice seems to echo through the night air.

Everyone cheers and departs from the field to somewhere else.

"Welcome to the pack Luna and young future Beta." Lance turns to me and Seth.

I can feel myself warm up with his lingering gaze.

"This is so exciting." Seth gleams with happiness, more than I have seen him show in a very long time as it pours from him and Fido.

"Just you wait until the coming days." Auntie walks up and hugs Seth tight.

Lance places a hand on my back. "Let's go get some food then we will go for the pack run soon."

"I will just sit back here." I smile and look around as we emerge where everyone else went.

"Nonsense, we can't have our Luna be left behind for the first pack run together for this celebration." Sherry comes up and smiles pulling me from Lance, which doesn't work as he holds me back against him making Sherry smirk.

"I figured there are others that can't shift so I will stay back with them." I smile slightly.

"There are others that can't shift so they stay with all the younger pups that are to young too. Most of them are humans such as yourself mated to were's. However, Sherry is right so tonight you can ride me to be involved with such a large pack run."

My mind took that a different way for a moment and I think it shown on my face from the hint of a smirk from Lance.

"Is that safe?" I look to Lance more.

"I wouldn't let you get hurt." Lance smiles gently and moves to put a hand on my cheek.

His lips meet mine and I get lost in his scent once more. All the hooting and claps brought me back to the present with everyone overjoyed with Lance and I showing each other affection in front of them. It makes my cheeks heat up once more and try to breath slowly to calm my racing heart.

A major part of me is ready to jump into bed with him but the other part is not sure when it will even happen. When it does happen, I can't help but wonder what it will exactly be like.