3. Prove It

Levo walks a bit faster and makes it to Sherry, where he wraps his arms around her instantly from watching out of the side of my eye

Levo walks a bit faster and makes it to Sherry, where he wraps his arms around her instantly from watching out of the side of my eye. For some reason though, I can't look completely away from this tall, sexy man. I wonder if I would have to be on my tippie toes to be able to kiss him or not, although I would have to raise up some I don't think I am to overly short.

The mystery man stops just half a step away from where I am standing against the bar.

"Sherry you remember Valin right?" Levo's voice speaks up.

"Of course." Sherry clears her throat. "We met a few weeks back while out on a date."

Ever get that feeling that people are nervous?

That is exactly how it feels. Sherry never gets nervous but her voice and hands seem to shake a little. She has always been confident and rarely nervous.

It causes me to turn my head to see her eyes bouncing between me and Valin.

"Valin this is Sherry's life time bestie, Fayla." Levo finally introduces us, since I haven't bothered speaking up after noticing Sherry get a little nervous.

The bartender walks over and takes Levo's and Valin's drink order, before serving them quickly. Once they have their drinks their attention is back on Sherry and I.

"So ladies having a nice evening?" Valin finally speaks up and my God how it makes my body quiver.

What in the sane hell is going on with me? I swear this thing has alcohol but I can't taste it.

"Oh yes we are. Just out celebrating some things is all, but enjoy hanging out." Sherry responds without the nerves this time.

"Hey Sherry?" I look over to her.

"Yeah?" Sherry looks at me.

"Can you tell me if this has alcohol in it?" I hand her my drink.

Sherry takes a sip and shakes her head, handing it back. "Nope all clear. See try mine."

I take a sip from her straw and lawd have mercy, there is the alcohol burn but that is a pleasant fruity one.

Sherry laughs because I know I made a face. Thing is she isn't the only one laughing.

"Why did you want me to check?" Sherry looks at me with a funny, confused look.

"Just wanted to make sure." I brush it off because I don't honestly know at this point what is going on with me.

Maybe it is the way my nerves are getting to me for what is about start for me tomorrow? Then again none of the other guys I have laid eyes on this evening has made me react this way. Although, most of the men at this place seem to have some sort of build to their bodies and not the skinny type. I wonder if this is the cool hang out adults come too?

Sherry hums but doesn't push.

We all move over to a table and take seats. I move my chair and it causes me to brush against Valin. Now, I know something isn't right as it makes my arm feel like it was asleep and just waking up with the tingles that move over my entire arm. I look up to see Valin as he stiffens and inhales, which makes his body seem to pull even tighter together.

I take my seat but Valin who I thought was going to sit by me trades with Sherry. So now Levo and Valin are sitting in front of us.

I listen to Sherry and Levo talk. Then there are times Sherry and I talk while the guys seem to listen. The only thing I know for sure it another two hours has passed and Valin had started ordering drinks I had never heard of before, but at least the dude seems to be relaxed the last half hour and slowly sipping on the drink instead of downing them one after another. Still safe to say he is drunk no doubt or close to it.

Sherry has moved to sit on Levo's lap. I still feel like the odd one out but I did have one small cocktail drink earlier with alcohol but it didn't do anything to help with the weird things my body has been doing or reacting. Everytime it always has to do with something Valin does and don't even get the guy to laugh that might as well make me a puddle on the floor, because I worried I made one the last time as it is.

After another fifteen minutes my fourth mocktail is gone, and the one alcohol cocktail. So it is time to go for me. Sherry and Levo are getting to handsie. It is time to get my walk in anyways to go view the moon before I leave out too.

"Well it was a blast tonight Sherry. I will talk to you tomorrow." I smile and get up from the chair.

Sherry mumbles a goodnight, making me laugh and wave. Valin seems to go from laughing at something Leo had muttered to looking sad.

I give him a small smile and nod, before leaving the bar.

The night air is perfection just like I knew it would be. This is one of the things I will miss the most when I am away from here, other than Sherry and Auntie.

I slip my heels off and put the strap on my wrist. My feet are free and I start climbing the ladder off the side of the library, I have never seen anyone use it but I had knocked it down with the permission of the owner to where when the library is close I can still get to the rooftop. Once up on the rooftop, I go to the small box up here and pull my blanket out, once it is spread out I lay back and staring at the moon.

If you look and watch hard enough you can tell the smallest of small movements as time passes by.

"What are you doing up here and all alone?" The one voice I was trying to escape spooks me some having not heard him climb up.

"Staring at the moon." I reply without looking at him but feel his body against mine as he lays next to me.

What am I doing? I should move but honestly, I don't want too either. I shouldn't even think about going home run here or whatever others call it since this is one of Levo's friends but if Valin kisses me I am giving in. Plus, it has been about six months from the last time I been with a guy too but something tells me he will ruin my body from all other guys.

Lost in my own thoughts, I am snapped out of him when I feel his hand trail my arm. "Wouldn't want you to get hurt out here."

"I am used to be up here by myself thank you very much. So try again." I sass.

"Maybe I needed a minute with you alone?"

"Liquid courage talking? Although, I would be disappointed if you could only hold for a minute before blowing." I tease.

There is something different about his eyes now versus in the bar. Maybe it is the moonlight but it seems like his normal hazel eyes are blazing almost a yellow color mixing in it.

"I could make you eat those words." He smirks.

"I am game if you want to prove it." I sass and smirk myself.

Next I know, Valin is over top of me with his lips on mine. I just died and I would happily if his kisses felt like this every single time.