Salmon

"I just thought it would be a better idea to get his opinion," she told him.

"He's a vampire," Jim shook his head. "What makes you think that he's going to have any good opinion on werewolves?" The sounds of the music being played softly on the radio and the car quietly slushing through the rainstorm made for the best night to go for a drive. But this little subject had been on his mind ever since he found out that she had asked Snake about his kind rather than him. Or Prue, who he had begged his brother to bring over that day for that very purpose.

He didn't get humans sometimes, and he was half of one.

"Because he's best friends with one?"

"That doesn't mean-!" Jim had to pause at that. It was a strange time to realize that Snake was a close friend of his. He didn't think about it until right then. But he wasn't sure if he would consider the bat a best friend. Best friends tell each other everything, right? "He's a coworker, Indie. That's it."

"You two can pussyfoot around it all you want," the woman giggled like a nymph. "But you two are probably the closest that I've seen two coworkers be, and you shouldn't be ashamed to say it."

"We're getting off point here," he rolled his eyes. He couldn't be mad at her, no matter what she said. He was honestly just glad that she was more relaxed. After helping her through that panic attack, he never wanted to see her that scared again. Panic attacks weren't deadly most of the time, but that didn't mean that it was healthy to go through.

"I don't know, Jim," Indigo sighed, leaning back in the passenger's seat. "It just felt overwhelming to talk to you or anyone else about. And my cousins don't know that much about your kind, so I couldn't exactly talk to them all about it. I mean, Bartley even wanted me to ask if you ever ate a dog treat and liked them."

"Wait," his forehead immediately wrinkled as he tried to keep his eyes focused on the road. "Your cousins know?"

"They were going to have to find out eventually," Indigo shrugged in his peripheral. "They didn't have too bad of a reaction. Although Florence is always going to be suspicious."

"That's more of a good thing than a bad," he took in a deep breath. As long as they didn't cause any stress for Indigo, then he didn't mind them knowing. "Not all werewolves are like me."

"Are there a lot of bad ones?"

Memories flashed in his eyes as she asked that question. He remembered the one spot that he fought so much the floor was left bloody with his enemies. All the ones who came to challenge him for his title. They all knew what the consequences were if they lost. Most of them were cocky, and thought that they could win. Jim was just a pup after all. There was no way that he could best them with all the experiences that they had.

From the Alpha's of other packs trying to gain more power, or the rogues wishing to lead with chaos surrounding them, Jim and Skaal taught them all a lesson that they would never forget.

And only the witnesses were left alive to tell the tale.

"It's just like people, in a way," Jim snapped himself out of it. The last thing he wanted to do was get lost in these memories again. All they did was get his adrenaline pumping for no good reason. "There's a lot of good, and a lot of bad. It's best not to think that we're all good."

"Just like your pack?" Indigo asked quietly. She must have known that she had struck something in him, because he could feel the uneasy emotions that she had with that question.

"My pack is very much like a family," Jim sighed. "There's the ones that start drama; the ones that we don't talk to that much; and the ones that we can tell anything to without it being spread throughout the whole town. No matter what, though, if something bad happened to one of us, we will always protect them."