10

This Monday was surprisingly dull. Before coming today, I was expecting to be loaded with work, you know, Monday stuff, but it was quiet.

There are work but it doesn't make me busy. I want to be busy so my mind will stop thinking about the woman who's been messing my head for a couple of days now.

Just because I wanted to do something, I even ask all of my colleagues if they needed something, scanning or even buy them something outside.

Nobody. Nobody wants anything, what's wrong with these people?

It's 11:00 in the morning when I hear the heels clicking in the floor, I know exactly from who it was and I didn't even bother looking up.

Alex stopped in front of her door and cleared her throat, getting everybody's attention, including mine.

To my surprise when I looked up, she was already looking at me.

She's so beautiful.

She was wearing a yellow skinny slacks ankle length and she partnered it with white sleeveless silk top, candy in my eyes.

She looked like she was in the mood, oh how she brightens this morning.

She took her gaze back to the staff and spoke.

"We have a very important guest, rather a new colleague arriving later.." She stopped and looked at her watch.

"Actually in 20 minutes, he'll be arriving here. If you would notice, the meeting room 1 was converted to an office during the weekend and that will be the new office of our Business Operation Manager, so please lets give him a warm welcome later, he's very dear to me."

Was she smiling? She is smiling. This person must be super important to her.

Thinking about that, I felt a little pinch in my chest.

Whoa! What was that?

My hand automatically reached for my chest like it was a physical pinch that I can somehow touch.

With my confused eyes, I met Alex's that was already looking at me. She has a confuse look staring at me and my hand in my chest.

Was it worried across her face? No, my mind must be playing me.

I didn't wait for Alex to enter her office as I excused myself to go to the bathroom. As I walk away, I could feel her eyes were following me and I ignored it and quickened my step.

That woman is really messing my head.

In the bathroom, I tried to compose myself and pull it together.

Why am I acting like this? Why do I feel that pain in my chest when I thought of somebody being important to Alex? It wasn't like me, not at all.

It took me long enough before I come back to the office. Everybody was standing and I could hear Alex introducing the new Business Operation Manager, I could hear enthusiasm in her voice while doing so, again, that pinch in my chest is there.

I shook my head and tried not to think much about it.

As I squeezed myself between my colleagues, I could hear the girls giggling.

"... So please, a round of applause to our new B.O.M., Mr. Brian Brown Thompson!"

Exactly as I squeezed my head from the crowd, I saw Brian standing beside Alexandra with her arm around Brian's waist.

Brian B. Thompson.

B.

Brown.

Fuck!