8

It was the same scene in the 9th floor. When we both enter the room, our colleagues looked at both of us.

As soon as Alex entered her office and I sat at my seat, Lisa came running towards me.

"You came with Ms. Williams? When did that happen?" She was so curious.

Some of my colleagues even went to us trying to hear my answer.

"We.. We just happened to come at the same time and rode the same elevator." I decided to lie.

I don't want them gossiping about us or think that maybe I was kissing her ass to get ahead. I don't do that.

And even if our "relationship" is pure friendly, people will still think of the worst of it.

We were on that positions, Lisa in my space and the others standing near my table when Alex opens her door.

"Dav-"

She looked at me before looking at everybody else.

"What are you doing?" She asked us.

Suddenly everybody hurriedly returns on their seat, scared.

She looked at me again with questioning eyes. I just shrugged my shoulders and started opening my computer like nothing happened.

"Is David here?" I heard her ask.

"Not yet, Ms. Williams." Somebody answered her.

"Tell him to see me once he comes!"

She didn't wait any answer and closed the door behind her.

An hour passed and I have stack of documents on my table, some needed scanning, copies, some I need to recheck if all pages that needed signatures are signed by Alex.

"For Ms. Cara?" I heard someone said. I looked back and saw a delivery guy with a bag in his hand.

One of my colleague pointed at where I was seating.

"Ms. Cara?" The delivery guy handed me the bag.

"But.. I didn't order..."

"Are you Ms. Cara?" The delivery guy repeated.

I nodded at him and accepted the bag. He left without saying anything and I was still confused.

My colleagues are busy and didn't even look at my direction.

I opened the bag and check what was inside.

It was food, breakfast food to be exact. It was avocado toast with egg and beans on the side.

There's only one person who will send me these.

Thinking about Alex, my phone vibrated.

Bon Appétit. Was all in the message, it was from unknown number but I know exactly who it was.

How did she get my number?

Umm, probably she's the Boss and have access to everything, duh! My mind shouted.

I hit reply and typed, I told you I don't eat breakfast.

I sent the message and just stared at the food blankly.

My phone vibrated again signaling for another message.

You eat it now or I'll come there and watch you till you do.

It was more of a threatening than a concern. Is she kidding me? She's not gonna do that.

I set aside the food in my table and continue to work, 15 minutes had pass and I was deep into what was I doing when Alex's door opens.