Chapter 26- Seabrook

"Mothership's almost calculated the coordinates to utopia," A-lan announced. "She's having trouble extracting the coordinates from their DNA. We've been stuck at ninety-seven percent complete for a while."

"Oh, come on, Mothership!" A-li exclaimed in frustration.

A-lan looked at her, scolding her with his eyes. A-li took a deep breath and hit the panel. "That did it. Only a few more minutes now."

A-Spen looked at Addison. "I've been thinking. Why didn't your grandmother just tell us that you were the map? Why make our search so difficult?"

"Maybe she thought there was something to learn by staying in Seabrook for a while," Addison guessed. She pulled up the mind probes. It showed the fear and hatred of monsters.

"I will miss your friends. But not the discord in your people," A-lan admitted. "In utopia, we will never have conflict."

"But sometimes you need conflict," I said as good memories played.

"Need it?"

"Look what happened when we overcame our differences." It showed Bonzo giving Addison an apple flower. Me hugging Wyatt after the cheer run through.

"You became friends."

"We did," Addison agreed.

"Together, we made progress," I explained. "Conflict isn't always bad. Being challenged sometimes pushes us to be better."

"This is true," A-lan admitted.

"No one spoke up while our planet suffered," A-Spen pointed out. "All because we didn't want to create disharmony."

"And now our planet's gone," A-li added.

"Harmony isn't silence. Unity isn't sameness. Love is powerful. It can handle disagreements."

Addison's eyes went wide. "I know where my grandma wanted her people to live! The most perfectly imperfect place there is."

I grinned when Addison pulled up our planet.

"Yes. You two have found our new home." A-lan smiled at me.

"Take us there, Mothership."

"Please."

As night came over Seabrook, we appeared from the clouds. I helped Addison get into an amazing dress and put her cap and gown over it. She did the same with me. We then packed our things, ready to go home.

Everyone exclaimed our names as we got teleported to the ground. Wyatt scooped me up, hugging me tightly. Willa was grinning behind Wyatt's back. I kissed him softly before he continued to hug me.

"You thought I was going to let intergalactic space travel get in the way of graduating?" Addison teased.

"What about utopia?" Willa asked.

"Seabrook is our utopia," A-lan replied.

"But Seabrook isn't a perfect place," Bree stated, confused.

"It's not. It's messy, emotional..." A-Spen trailed off.

"Full of surprises," Willa finished.

"Where change can happen."

"Where someday can be today."

"Party!" everyone cheered.

We spent the rest of the night celebrating our graduation and the arrival of the aliens on Earth. Willa even announced her dating A-Spen at the end. Wyatt pulled me away from the scene and gave me a passionate kiss.

So, the aliens moved into Seabrook. And even more monsters were welcomed. Mermaids, vampires. As I told stories of my mother, I traced my mom's family down to a 'T'. I was happy to know my family and who I came from. Lines of pride and mystery.

It was sad, watching my friends grow old as I barely grew. Wolves could last millions, even billions, of years. The only way they knew it was time was when the moonstone wasn't enough to keep them alive.

I got married to Wyatt, which was obvious to assume in the beginning. Thankfully, my friends were healthy and alive to see it. As soon as we got out of college, I opened my dorm room door to Wyatt with a ring in a box.

Four kids carried down our bloodline. Each one had different characteristics, all because of the monstrosity I was. Wyatt was always there to prove that he loved me for me, no matter what flaws I carried with me.

I spent eternity with him, and I grew old knowing my friends were happy. My kids were happy. They grew up in a world where everyone accepted differences, monsters and all. Most of all, Wyatt and I loved each other. And we said it multiple times a day.

Life was so perfect, and nothing ever changed it.