Chapter 4- Made It

The first football game of the year, and the three of us were really ready for it. We cheered as the football players got into position. I covered my mouth in shock when Zed got thrown over a shoulder.

But Bucky made us cheer, anyway.

"Come on, Zed," Addison mumbled.

Zed kept getting beaten up and tossed to the ground. I frowned, realizing that Zed might not be able to change things. As I cheered, I was trying to think about how to fix it. We really needed Zed to win.

"It's half-time, and the Mighty Shrimp are getting barbecued, skewered, fried, and flayed."

We did a routine to keep everyone in their seats. I was getting tired until it started again.

Zed was actually getting points. He was stronger and faster. Bucky was not happy. He refused to cheer when we got points, which was almost all the time. Addison took the speaker from Bucky, making me giggle as she cheered.

We won.

I cheered loudly. Addison hugged me tightly in happiness, then ran over to Zed. She hugged him, making me grin. She was really happy with him. And we were happy we had him to get the school to change their opinions on monsters.

Zed won game after game, and the team started to work together better. People started to accept zombies more and more. But Bucky had to stop Addison from going over to see her crush.

Addison looked over after Zed called for her. I walked her out as she started to cry.

Addison was kept from Zed every time they tried to talk. Zed became more and more popular, and I could tell he really missed seeing Addison. I helped her sneak notes into his locker and made sure Bucky wasn't giving her more of a hard time than he already was.

After another win, Addison and I watched as Zed was carried on the players' shoulders. Bonzo walked over to us and shoved a note in our faces. He gave Addison a hug, no doubt wanted by Zed, and left.

"Ready to break every rule in the book? You and (Y/n). Meet me at the barrier seven p.m. tonight. Zed." Addison looked at me. "I could get in so much trouble."

"What are we waiting for?" I questioned.

Addison and I headed home for the night. We promised to meet each other at six o'clock halfway to walk together. The den was getting a little damp. I picked up the boy's coat that I still had from all those years ago. I held it close to me; a habit, I found out, I created to have comfort.

Zed walked toward us, smiling at Addison.

"Hey. You guys made it," Zed said with a smile.

"Yeah, and I'm totally not freaked out at all," Addison lied.

"You're going to love this," Zed assured us.

"Okay," Addison agreed. "Let's do this." Addison took Zed's hand, and we walked into Zombietown.

We got into an elevator. Zed kept holding his wrist.

"You okay?" Addison asked. "You don't look so hot."

"Ouch," Zed commented, making me snort.

"No. You know what I meant." Addison smiled.

Zed looked down. "I have to mess with my Z-Band to win games."

"Isn't that dangerous?" Addison questioned.

"Very." I nodded, concerned for Zed's health.

"Addison, if I don't win, zombies will never be accepted," Zed argued.